legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Titan - Flow Theme

I developed this theme to give the user some more options than the basic Titan skin currently does.
    You can set up the BasicHome menu inside the MediaPortal settings (GUI -> Skin Settings)

The Theme is full compatible with MediaPortal 1.4 pre release and most of the current available skinfiles are included and fully supported!

Basichome Screenshots

basichome_games.jpg basichome_tv.jpg basichome_videos.jpgbasichome_music.jpg basichome_tools_weatherOverlay.jpg
    music_nowPlaying.jpg tvGuide_settings.jpg tvGuide_7rows.jpg tvGuide_9rows.jpg
    tvGuide_11rows.jpgtvGuide_15rows.jpgminiTVGuide_settings.jpg miniTVGuide_7rows.jpg

music_listview.jpgmusic_small_thumbsview.jpg music_big_thumbsview.jpg music_filmstripview.jpg movingPictures_basic_thumbview.jpg movingPictures_basic_thumbview_big.jpg movingPictures_detailsview.jpg tvseries_4x2_widebanner.jpg tvseries_basic_widebanner.jpg

You can enable/disable the BasicHome features inside the MP GUI configuration!!!

MPGui_settings.jpg flow_settings.jpg miniTVGuide_settings.jpg tvGuide_settings.jpg
    button_settings.jpg

Linked submenu items
    Music:
    • Music
    • Radio
    • Online Radio (Radiotime)
    • Music Videos (mvCentral)
    TV:
    • TV Menu
    • TV Guide
    • Clickfinder Guide (Clickfinder Program Guide)
    • Recordings
    • TVWishList
    Videos:
    • TV Series
    • My Videos
    • Online Videos (Online Videos plugin)
    Movies:
    • Movies Categories (Moving Pictures)
    • Dvds ( Play DVD)
    • Showtimes (Showtimes Plugin Suite)
    Tools:
    • Plugins
    • Webbrowser (BrowseTheWeb)
    • Weather (WorldWeather plugin) NEW
    • SleepControl (SleepControl plugin)
    • Settings

The linked submenu items are located insinde the basichome.submenus.xml and can be changed by simply editing the "hyperlink" parameters for the specific buttons. For more information take alook at this post.

Features:

Reworked TV Guides
    • Choose between 7, 9, 11 and 15 rows!
    • Mini TV Guide: Choose between 3, 6 or 8 rows!
    Select one custom button on the BasicHome (the bottom left one)​
    • Games (MyEmulators)
    • Weather ( WorldWeather)
    • My Pictures
    • OnlineVideos
    • My Radio
    • other will follow (maybe i will add an second button which you can configure to your needs...)
    Latest Media overlays
    • Music
    • Recordings
    • Movies
    • TV-Series
    • Pictures (if Picture button is enabled and has focus)
    • 5 Day Weather Summary (WorldWeather / WorldWeather Lite)
    Additional overlays
    • SleepControl countdown if Timer is active (an additional overlay for an other plugin will follow)
    • 5-Day Weather summary (will be displayed if the "Tools" button or the "Weather Button" (is chosen as custom button) has got focus.
    • Infoservice

other changes
      • Animated backgrounds on basichome and some plugins (not everything done yet)
      • Dialogs and Video related overlays arent sliding in any more...the just fade in
      • extended Music Now Playing overlay (next track will be displayed)
      • Music Now Playing window has a button for the current playlist
      • extended "is recording" overlay at the top (the Title, channel and starting time of the current recording will be displayed). You can enable/ disable this inside the GUI settings!
      • some other BasicHome button images included
      • other default background and Splashscreen
      • many bugfixes and enhancements compared to basic Titan skin!
    Installation:
    1. If you have modified the "Basichome.subemnus.xml" file from an older version of my theme, please make a backup!
    2. Download the MPEI package and install it!!! and configure the Theme inside the "MediaPortal GUI -> Skin" settings
    3. Have Fun!
    Changelog: Version 1.0.3.3

- Added compatibility for MediaPortal 1.4.0 Final!
    - Major Facadeview rework: MovingPictures, MyMusic, MVCentral, TVSeries, Recordings, Showtimes...
    • Added round covers and glass support for most of the plugins and basic facade views
    • bug fixes + small enhancements
    - MovingPictures: fixed Movie details view
    - Changed some basic Titan images
    - Added Showtimes support
    - Changed Listview for recordings
    - general bug fixes and enhancements

Planned for next release:
    - Add another BasicHome menu
    - Color Themes

Attachments

• Flow_1.0.2.1.mpe1
      35.8 MB
    • Flow_1.0.3.3.mpe1
      39.9 MB
    Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi @legnod

Nice work :D
    when pressing left or right inside the submenus, the focus will set to the next tile instead of just closing the submenu
    I think this is a really good improvement

Hi,

If you`re working on a theme for Titan, please post it here.

Please only include description / screenshots in your post, and then link to a thread to download and discuss your theme.

If you have questions / comments regarding a theme then please post it in that theme's thread so that this thread remains clean.

I just changed the requirements of the community themes thread to keep it clean (see above). Can you please repost in the theme thread, with all the above information, and then add a link to this thread (instead of the attachment). If you want I can do this for you.

Thanks
    Kiwi

Last edited:

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is a small Guide for changing the linked submenu items

1.) Get the Window IDs of the Plugins
    At first we need to find out the ID of the plugins xml file we want to open. Inside the WIKI you can find the most common Window IDs for MP Basic Screens and for some Plugins. If you cant find the needed ID within those linked wiki pages, you have to open the *.xml of the Plugin. On the Top you will find the specific window ID inside the ID Tag "<ID>XXXX</ID>".​
    mvCentral ID for example​
    getWindowIDs_mvCentral.jpg

2.) Open the "BasicHome.Submenus.xml" file

3.) Find the submenu you want to edit
    Search for ::TV-Series, ::Tools, ::Music, ::Videos or ::Movies to get to the right part of the file.

4.) Change the "<label>#Text</label>" and the "<hyperlink>123456</hyperlink>" Tag

edit_buttonTags.jpg
    The "Label" Tag defines the Text of the submenu item and the "hyperlink" tag links to the xml file with the entered Window ID​

5.) Save the Basichome.Submenu.xml file

There is a maximum of 5 items for every submenu but some buttons are outlined because i dont need 5 items in every submenu. I will add some Information of enabling the unused items later.

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Very nice indeed!

I am not very savvy yet when it comes to modify xml files to have desired configuration. Would you know how I can replace Moving Pictures in your files with MyFilms?

Thanks!

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i linked the submenu item "All Movies" to the MyFilms mainview but i dont know how to set a link only for the new movies, so i deleted the "new Movies" submenu button.

Attachments

• BasicHome.submenus.xml
      25.5 KB

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

i linked the submenu item "All Movies" to the MyFilms mainview but i dont know how to set a link only for the new movies, so i deleted the "new Movies" submenu button.

Thanks,
    You got me in the right direction so now I have been able to mod it to my personal needs :)

Attachments

• Titan_Modded.zip
      5.7 KB

kmk235

Portal Member
    September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok it works pretty good so far. but when i enter one of the categories on the right ("Spielfilme" or "Tools") it mixes up the display. see screenshot attached. is it maybe because i have only a 720p resolution running?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
      Unbenannt.jpg
      227.5 KB

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes thats a bug thats inside the normal titan skin as well...i couldnt figure out why this is not working...it seems that the animation/position of the submenu on windowopen isnt recognized correct...i couldnt figure out why but i think this could be a skin engine bug...dont know right now, sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom