[Bug] Titan skin error in log (1 Viewer)

TrendyUser

Portal Member
February 27, 2007
Den Haag
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Guys,

I just updated from 1.3.0 Alpha (purevision HD) to 1.3.0 Beta (Titan)
Great job & all works... but i get an error in my log:

2012-12-15 16:28:40.559548 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: SKIN: Missing C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\MyMusicPlayingNowLedVu.xml

Keep up the good work, have a nice xmas!

Last edited by a moderator:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I guess it must be a leftover from an old skin then.

In your Music configuration, my bet is that you have LED VU set as "active". If you turn that off and restart MediaPortal, the log file should be clean. Or you can just copy MyMusicPlayingNow.xml and rename it to MyMusicPlayingNowLedVu.xml. It still won't show any VU LEDs though. :)

Emph

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    To help n00bs, it might be a good idea if a dummy MyMusicPlayingNowLedVu.xml be created for the Titan skin (ie. a copy of MyMusicPlayingNow.xml), since they could easily decide to turn this on and there's no logic in MP's config to stop them. THe less error screens new people see (like my flatmate that I'm trying to introduce whole new concepts to), the less they'll be turned off by all this kumputr technologie...

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Yeah, true, except it's been about 9 or 10 months since the last post and its probably not a priority. So that's (hopefully) a lot of new users that may have been/are going to be confused. Its really, REALLY hard to get non-computer-literate people to use things like MP, and every error or non-intuitive action is best avoided when possible.
    Its a LOT faster/easier to just dupe the xml file than spend valuable time coding an alternative solution.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, it has been a long time and i think it's an easy fix also. I just edited the ticket, since it had the wrong component set to it (referred to the Default skin), so let's hope @ncoH has some time to add the files for the VU meter.

As far as usability for MP: the team is working hard on that. You can find a good example of WIP here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mpem-development-info-testversion.119068/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom