Titan Skin modification: a simple start (3 Viewers)

karhill

Portal Member
March 19, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction. I just want to make a few simple changes to the Basic home screen in Titan.

Basically:
1) I want to eliminate the TV submenus. Hitting the TV button (people on a couch) should go directly to the TV home page (e.g the first submenu option, TV).
2) I want to eliminate some other top-level buttons, like MUSIC, SETINGS, Empty Plugin buttons.

I assume these changes are probably fairly simple. Can someone point me in the right direction to get started?

Thanks.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

this is not possible at this moment. We are all waiting for a 'basichome editor' as you can read here: Click!

For now you have to modify the xml skin files your self, but that requires some skills..

Cheers

karhill

Portal Member
    March 19, 2013
    Home Country
    Ah, yes, I see there are plans for an editor.

If I wanted to hack with the xml, which xml file(s) would I start with?

Thanks.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, there are a lot.. But to start you could check BasicHome.xml in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan and all other basichome related xml files..

Best thing you can do is to copy the files you have changed to one of the theme folders; C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\Themes and select the right theme in Mediaportal.

Than you can't messup your installation. :)

karhill

Portal Member
    March 19, 2013
    Home Country
    Great. I'll give that a shot and see if I can grok the xml.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1) I want to eliminate the TV submenus. Hitting the TV button (people on a couch) should go directly to the TV home page (e.g the first submenu option, TV).

You have to look for include.BasicHomeButton.movingpictures.xml in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan.
    There you should replace <onclick>#(skin.setfocus(35,1100))</onclick> with <hyperlink>96742</hyperlink>

If you wanna also get rid of the submenu indicator delete this part from the above mentioned xml:
    Code:
    <control>
    	  <description>submenu indicator</description>
    	  <id>0</id>
    	  <type>image</type>
    	  <posX>1818</posX>
    	  <posY>557</posY>
    	  <width>22</width>
    	  <height>20</height>
    	  <texture>basichome_submenu_indicator.png</texture>
    			<visible>![Control.IsVisible(100)|Control.IsVisible(2000)|Control.IsVisible(3000)|control.hasfocus(1000)|control.hasfocus(1001)|control.hasfocus(1002)|control.hasfocus(1003)|control.hasfocus(1004)|control.HasFocus(200) | control.HasFocus(300) | control.HasFocus(400) | control.HasFocus(500) | control.HasFocus(600) | control.HasFocus(700)]</visible>
    	  <animation effect="zoom" start="100,100" end="102,102" time="200" condition="control.hasfocus(4)">conditional</animation>
    		<animation effect="fade" time="250">WindowOpen</animation>
    		<animation effect="fade" time="150">WindowClose</animation>
    	</control>

karhill

Portal Member
    March 19, 2013
    Home Country
    Holzi:

Thanks a ton for that detailed information. Without those comments I would have had a hard time parsing it all. With that help, it was very easy to make the changes I desired.

What I wanted to do was a little different that what you described, but your help was invaluable.

I have modified the Titan basic home skin in the following ways:
    1) Clicking on the TV button (people sitting on couch) goes directly to the main TV screen, rather than the submenus on the main screen.
    2) I eliminated close/shutdown/restart actions from the main screen.

1) To modify the Titan skin so that the basic home TV button (people sitting on a couch) goes directly to the TV screen, rather than the submenu, change:
    a. Basichome.xml.
    Change the xml for the control with the description "BasicHome TV". Change "<onclick>#(skin.setfocus(35,1000))</onclick>" to "<hyperlink>1</hyperlink>"
    The 1 is the ID of the window that you want to hyperlink to. In this case, 1 is ID of the window described in mytvhomeServer.xml
    2) To modify the Titan skin so that the close/shutdown/restart actions are eliminated from the main menu:
    a. Basichome.exitmenu.xml
    Remove the controls starting at the control with the description "exit menu" and remove through (including) the control with the description "Exit label".

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

You have to look for include.BasicHomeButton.movingpictures.xml in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan.
    There you should replace <onclick>#(skin.setfocus(35,1100))</onclick> with <hyperlink>96742</hyperlink>

If you wanna also get rid of the submenu indicator delete this part from the above mentioned xml:
    Code:
    <control>
    	  <description>submenu indicator</description>
    	  <id>0</id>
    	  <type>image</type>
    	  <posX>1818</posX>
    	  <posY>557</posY>
    	  <width>22</width>
    	  <height>20</height>
    	  <texture>basichome_submenu_indicator.png</texture>
    			<visible>![Control.IsVisible(100)|Control.IsVisible(2000)|Control.IsVisible(3000)|control.hasfocus(1000)|control.hasfocus(1001)|control.hasfocus(1002)|control.hasfocus(1003)|control.hasfocus(1004)|control.HasFocus(200) | control.HasFocus(300) | control.HasFocus(400) | control.HasFocus(500) | control.HasFocus(600) | control.HasFocus(700)]</visible>
    	  <animation effect="zoom" start="100,100" end="102,102" time="200" condition="control.hasfocus(4)">conditional</animation>
    		<animation effect="fade" time="250">WindowOpen</animation>
    		<animation effect="fade" time="150">WindowClose</animation>
    	</control>

Works perfectly, so much cleaner looking now. Thank you!!!! I've been desperate to get rid of the sub menus for ages now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom