Titanium Extended (2 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me it would be nicer looking with less focus on it.
    Maybe you can show your other mockups here.
    This is one of my mock-ups where the "focus" is not so much on the GroupMenu. Would something like this look better?
    Unbenannt.jpg

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah one idea comes to my mind.

You should change the font color to white, if a group eg. News is selected.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think it will look fine if you keep the focus on the tiles by making the top bar less visible. E.g. by smaller fonts, less visible background etc.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The mockup in post #31 looks better than in first post but it looks a bit off. Best would probably be centered but then it doesn't work with weather. Would it look better to align it on the left side of the frames of the tiles?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The mockup in post #31 looks better than in first post but it looks a bit off. Best would probably be centered but then it doesn't work with weather. Would it look better to align it on the left side of the frames of the tiles?
    You mean aligning on the left side, but as list with vertical orientation? Then there would be 2 problems: The width must be fixed, so some texts will be croped. From navigation point of view this is not ideal and would confilct with future plans. In future the GroupMenuModel will be modified in the direction, that you can scroll through all Tiles, without entering the GroupMenu. The GroupMenu is showing the current group, but for example a left tile is focused, pressing once again "left" and the left sided "Group" is entered automatically

I could move the Weather and Time a bit down only for the HomeMenu screen and center the GroupMenu for example.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I meant only moving the GroupMenu slightly to the right so the A in Audio is aligned with the left side of the frame of the tiles. I.e. only shift about one letter. But your other suggestion with moving down weather and center GroupMenu is probably better.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there somebody, who knows xaml well and can help with this?
    In MP1 the HiddenMenu opens automatically when pressing "left" (at least in list and grid view with focus on left column).
    When you are in the HiddenMenu pressing "right" closes it again and you're back in the MediaItems. Perfect, because not many clicks necessary!

I want to achieve same in MP2, but it's not that easy. When I press "left" the focus is on the "MenuButton". Then I need another click to have the "selected-event" and make the menu slide out.
    I need the action already "on focus", but have no idea how to do so.
    Once this is solved, I need something similar for closing the HiddenMenu. When the focus is gone from one of the HiddenMenu buttons the closing action should be initiated.

Any ideas?? Google and Tutorials do not deliver helpful infos. I hope this can be done without #C code.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard You could bring so many great features within short time(y). Do you have an idea regarding above post? I do not want to cause further efforts for you. At first I'd like to only know, if it can be easily done with xaml, or not. It would be an feature to increase usability significantly, as less buttons need to be pressed as in MP1

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My xaml knowledge is actually very limited, I only know what I've learnt from working with MP2.
    I imagine it could be achieved using styles and triggers.
    e.g.
    XML:
    <Style>
        <Style.Triggers>
          <Trigger Property="HasFocus" Value="True">
            ...Show Menu...
          </Trigger>
        </Style.Triggers>
      </Style>
    The question is whether HasFocus is 'bubbled' to parent controls, otherwise as soon as the focus moves from the menu button into the menu, the style will no longer apply and the menu will slide back out. If it isn't bubbled (which is what I suspect) there's probably going to need to be code changes.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The question is whether HasFocus is 'bubbled' to parent controls, otherwise as soon as the focus moves from the menu button into the menu, the style will no longer apply and the menu will slide back out. If it isn't bubbled (which is what I suspect) there's probably going to need to be code changes.
    Thanks, tried that.
    I could meanwhile make the menu slide out by storyboard, but then the menu content has no focus and is not selecteable.
    In next step I tried to pack the "command" of the toggle button into a "Eventtrigger", "Datatrigger" and "Triggers". Nothing is working. I think the even a command is allocated, it still is executed only on a click on a button :( Hard to believe, that a command can not be executed on focus.

XML:
              <Button x:Name="MenuShowButton" Content="Menu" Style="{ThemeResource ButtonWideStyle_GrowOnly}"
                       Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" HorizontalAlignment="Right" Height="180" Margin="25,0,-29,0"
                       Command="{Command Source={StaticResource MenuModel}, Path=ToggleMenu}">
                <Image Source="hiddenmenu_tab.png" />
                <Button.Triggers>
                  <Trigger Property="HasFocus" Value="True">
                    <Setter Property="Command" Value="{Command Source={StaticResource MenuModel}, Path=ToggleMenu}" />
                  </Trigger>
                </Button.Triggers>
              </Button>

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom