[fixed] Title field in the videos DB? (1 Viewer)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

This related to MP 1.2 Beta and above. Could be relavant to prior versions but I haven't tested.

I've noticed that the title field in the videos database gets stored as either the movie folder name or the video file name (depending on how you have the options configured) even after a successful IMDB lookup.

Is this correct? I would have thought that the title field should be set to the movie title listed on IMDB so when viewing in share view you see the folder name but in Titles view you should see the correct movie name.

Anyone else notice this? I only noticed this while testing out mediaslayer in a new skin mod I'd just done. I ripped "The Matrix Reloaded" (UK version). Mediaslayer created a folder name based on the disc ID which in this case was MATRIX_RELOADED_DISC_1. The IMDB lookup offered me a few choices, one of which was "Matrix Reloaded (2003) which I selected.

Once the rip was complete ALL movie metadata was present in the library but the title of the movie (in title view and in the DB editor) was still MATRIX_RELOADED_DISC_1.

All the best,

Wo0zy

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    *** Moved post to 1.2.0 BETA Section

You're right about this if the option "Folder name for title" is checked in configuration. This is a more feature than a bug but when I look more deeply for what it is for (scan movies by folder name) and looking at your case it should be changed so that movie titles should have their real name and not a folder name.

I will change behavior for that in next release.

Mantis: http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3614

Fixed in SVN 28004

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    *** Moved post to 1.2.0 BETA Section

You're right about this if the option "Folder name for title" is checked in configuration. This is a more feature than a bug but when I look more deeply for what it is for (scan movies by folder name) and looking at your case it should be changed so that movie titles should have their real name and not a folder name.

I will change behavior for that in next release.

Mantis: 0003614: "Scan by folder name" option in Videos configuration results with wrong movie title - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Fixed in SVN 28004

Hi Deda,

Thanks so much for looking at my post and for the really quick fix!:D

Will install and test later.

Sorry for posting it in the wrong section.:oops:

All the best,

Mick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom