To switch or not to switch to MP2? (1 Viewer)

Penbrock2

Portal Member
December 18, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
After Windows Media center died I switched to MP1 and started the long training of the wife to like it. Glad to say she is now a fan how ever there is a lot of small issues like lag when stopping a video, and slow finding newly gotten shows and movies on the NAS.
So I am wondering of MP2 is a faster, better choice?

What we have now

1 - NAS server feeding movies and TV series
1 - Linux server feeding Movies and TV series, and running Plex server (for my friends)
(I do have a large collecting, 2-3000 movies, and around 400 TV series with more added daily)
2 - HDHomeRun OTA units feeding 4 streams for live TV

3 - Stand alone MP1 installs (one on my workstation just for recording)
1 - MP1 pulling TV from one of the above
(all are 4 core, 8g ram or better on Windows 10)
We now use the TVseries, moving pictures, SchedulesDirect and online videos With PureVisionHD 1080 skin

The wife is simi happy right now, Should I go to MP2? Will I loose anything

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    You can try it without problem, mp1 and mp2 are different, just warn about tv server, mp1 tv server must be stopped before start mp2server

Envoyé de mon D5803 en utilisant Tapatalk

Penbrock2

Portal Member
    December 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Well I installed MP2 on one computer. I'm still trying it out. Somethings I love some not so much.
    Like I use(d) schedules direct on MP1 and loved it for all the information it gave, episode numbers, and categories so I could color code my TV guide. The episode information must still be there somewhere as my MCEbuddy picks must of them up. No Categories that I can see using WEBepg in the US.

I do love the Latest Media section, but it needs to have settings like "Show last ## days" instead of just the last 5. I pull a lot lol.

One thing strange in a good way is the recordings, They seem to be much better then on MP1. In a station I always had a bad signal on now seems to record fine

I can not find where I am able to select or correct movie imports

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    categories so I could color code my TV guide
    I would love to know more about how you did this in MP1....

I can not find where I am able to select or correct movie imports
    Correcting movie imports is not an option at this time.....
    What is the issue with the import?

Also, what do you mean Select?

As for Schedules Direct, there is a free option now... EPG-Buddy.
    It is still underdevelopment but like yourself I am in the U.S.A. (Chicago) and have been using it.
    EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Breese in mp1 you can select few color for tvguide based on the type of show (movie / documentary...) but this spec is included in tvserver, and need to be updated on client side only, if not supported yet

Envoyé de mon D5803 en utilisant Tapatalk

Penbrock2

Portal Member
    December 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Azzuro got it. Once I had a listing pulled so there was entries in the database, I was able to assign each found type with a list/color. WEBepg does not seem to do that

For the "select", on MP1 if I got to a movie that is wrong I can click info and pick to send it back to the importer. I could them go to the menu and pick 'importer' and and work on any that where not automatically found

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom