Too powerful Power Scheduler (1 Viewer)

spude

Portal Member
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
I run one seat setup on my htpc and I have µtorrent program on that same computer.
I use this Power Scheduler to put my htpc on stand by.
There is a switch in torrent program to prevent the computer to go standby if there is active downloads.
The problem is that the Power scheduler standby command is so "powerful" that it put's the
htpc on standby even if there is active downloads.

Any ideas to how to the get around this problem?
I would not want to keep my htpc on 24/7.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When you have added utorrent as a exception, make sure its set to quit when download finishes, so when it closes, standby can be activated.

spude

Portal Member
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Jeah.. I have used that process list, but this does not work in this situation. I mean that if the torrent software is also running all the time then the htpc would not go to sleep at all.
    The htpc is working also as a torrent server so that I can just drop the torrent files to the shared folder.

I don't know if I can start the utorrent software when there is new .torrent files to download is special folder. Maybe I have to make a small software to ping the folder and command the torren software to start and stop.

weissollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2007
    Franken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you read the post from
    ...make sure its set to quit when download finishes, so when it closes, standby can be activated.

I don't know the software uTorrent. But if you tell the Software that it should close itself when the download is finished then everything should work.

spude

Portal Member
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Does it work?
    Yeah.. I got it working. It's small program that check if new .torrent files have appeared in special folder. If the files are found, it will start the utorrent and after there are no .torrent files any more, it will kill the utorrent process. Now I put the utorrent to power scheduler exception list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom