top buttons missing from main menu (1 Viewer)

pglenn

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
It seems intermittantly, on non-use of MediaPortal while sitting at the main menu, the background screen will go black. I am able to see the menu list and scroll thru it and enter any items, but the top-right 3 buttons have dissapeared. Once I enter a selection and then exit back to the main menu, the screen returns to the normal blue background, but the 3 top-right buttons are still missing. odd thing is I am still able to "use" them (ie, press "left" button on remote will still go to top buttons and then 2 "right" buttons and "enter" will exit MediaPortal). Once I re-enter MediaPortal everything is normal. I am sure this is screen-saver related?

In addition, I have intermittantly exited mediaPortal and not been able to re-start the program. The LOG indicates an error of "program already running" and indeed a view of Task Manager shows a process for mediaPortal, but I am unable to end that process. I dont get an error, it just will not stop and go away. I must restart my PC in order to re-start and re-enter MediaPortal.

Patrick

--------------------------------------
0.2.0.0 RC2

WIN-XP MCE
Athlon 64 3200+
GIGABYTE GA-K8NSNXP-939 nForce3 Ultra
1gb Ram, DDR SDRAM 400
ATI AIW 9800Pro
MMC 9.03
Catalyst 5.13 Windows XP Media Center Edition
XTASY Theater 500 w/driver ver. 6.14.10.102

system runs at 2.08ghz
---------------------------------------------------

pglenn

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
ok, additional, it doesnt seem so intermittant now, it seems to be almost everytime when sitting on the main menu for a period of minutes it is happening.

also, when the screen goes black, the "clock" also stops working, ie if it goes black at 6:54am then the clock will remain at 6:54am. not only is this annoying by itself, but it also causes schedule recording not to record (tho when you look at "scheduled" list they still show as "finished" after the fact)

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom