top buttons missing from main screen (1 Viewer)

pglenn

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
for some reason when in "full screen" mode the three buttons at top-right (EXIT and whatever the other two are) dissapear often from my screen. My screen seems to go from the "standard" blue background to black background after a few minutes of inactivity, possibly because of screen saver mode? when I go into any of the options and exit back the screen is back to blue but the top three buttons are still missing. I need to exit and re-enter to get them back.

I also have been having an occasional problem where I exit MEDIAPORTAL and am unable to get back in - I get an error in the log that MedaiPortal is already running. under CTRL-ATL-DEL and Processes I see a process for MediaPortal. I try to delete it but it wont go away. I need to re-boot in order to re-enter MediaPortal.

Patrick

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    im not sure..but i think those top-right icons are meant to dissapear after a while??

if u move the mouse up to them they re-appear, or if u use the remote to navigate to the top of the screen, they appear also

u might want to reinstall the skin files...especially if u are losing a background image file with the blutwo skin

see if it u lose backgrounds for more than just blutwo

pglenn

Portal Member
    January 7, 2006
    the images DO NOT re-appear if I move the mouse-cursor over them (or where they should be) or if I use the remote. the images ONLY re-appear if I exit MediaPortal and then re-start it.

Patrick

philippe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 6, 2006
    Lyon
    Home Country
    France France
    I've got exactly the same problem.
    I am using the pluggin Mykeys and HIP to control via remote Mediaportal and my HTPC.
    Do you use the pluggin Mykeys ?

pglenn

Portal Member
    January 7, 2006
    I will check when I get home, which plug-in's I do and do not have enabled.

a side effect of this behaviour, is the on-screen clock will stop, meaning like if the screen goes black at 8:43am, the clock will remaon at 8:43am all day. maybe or maybe not because of the clock, any scheduled recordings I have for that day also fail to record.

a "cheap" work-around, but for now I just go into the MY VIDEOS screen and leave media-portal there all day. the screen wont go black, and my scheduled recordings work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom