Topbar keeps going missing (1 Viewer)

r32godzilla

Portal Member
February 19, 2005
Hey all,

I have Media Portal 1.2.3 installed on a Windows 8 machine with all the default options and its ok except the topbar in video files will work for one file but when I play another its gone. The wierd thing is I can click the mouse in top area of the screen and its like the topbar is there even though I can't see it. I end up having to restart Media Portal and then the bar reappears but does the same thing all over again when playing a new file. Its really annoying. Any ideas?

Last edited:

r32godzilla

Portal Member
February 19, 2005
Anyone got any ideas? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Mediaportal but the problem still occurs. I checked the Topbar plugin and its enabled. I really don't want to have to give up on Mediaportal but this is a bit of showstopper for me not being able to fast forward, rewind, stop etc in videos :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup. Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...
Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up...
Hi there, I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25. Up until now I had no issues with my setup. Yesterday...
Replies
Views
Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
I've just upgraded the motherboard, CPU, ram, boot drives and PSU in my TV Server (always on), and am now having intermittent...
Replies
Views
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
Replies
Views
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
Replies
Views
Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom