Touchscreen 7" LCD Configuration (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    ULTRAMON is a good app but all it does is rely on the actual display drivers and keeps settings for coordinate position for apps and windows across the monitors in use.

Your display drivers still need to enable the extended desktop.

It will not help with the dx acceleration of the MP GUI or the VMR9 possition coordintaes set by MP

thematrixz

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2007
    Home Country
    This creates a real problem for me, as my TV is 1080p and I can't fully use that resolution since internal display is only 720p. What would it take for MP to enhance this feature?

While waiting for a solution, I might just unplug the 7" LCD and just use the TV as a single monitor then.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    What is need ,if possible, is for all the VMR9 windows/fullscreen produced by MP to have a start coordinate not of 0,0 (which puts it within the primary display ie TS LCD) but of X,0 (X = the horizontal res of the the start of the 2nd monitor which would be 1024 with a TS LCD of 1024 pixel Horixontal res) and for all VMR9 output to be fullscreen with respect to the 2nd monitors resolution.

The two displays would be set up as extended desktop with the TS LCD (MP GUI) to the left of the other display/s (VMR9 output)
    As the OS keeps info of the actual monitors possitions, MP could just check this data for correct coordinates anyway.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    No problem , thanks.

I hope the devs can understand my thoughts.

I may have missunderstood how MP works but as long as the VMR9 output can not sent to be rendered within the GUI via DX(normal MP operation) but to its seperate window at specific display coordinates.

Only one set of coordintes would be needed (fullscreen on the 2nd display) then each GUI page of MP would reference these coordintes for VMR9 output.

As for Overlay which is used a fallback because of certain bugs and filter pin problems mainly with WMC codecs and Webstreams.this wouldn't work as the acceleration of overlay is locked to the primary display, this doesn't affect VMR9 whih can have self contained acceleration within its own window anywhere within the multi display coordintaes.

noxx2

Portal Pro
    September 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i´ve this display (vga input),

gives a solution now?

7b951re9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom