touchscreen friendly / more file browsing options (1 Viewer)

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yes, a lot can be done on the skin.

All things you can do on a keyboard you can do on a touchscreen skin
    you won't be able to make different functionalities for single tap double tap etc.
    But you can add buttons for adding songs to playlist, open OSD, volume etc etc making it touchscreen usable.

A

Anonymous

yes,

and with most touchscreens a double tab and context-menu function is also possible. This depends only from the touchscreen driver software.
    I have a cartft.com display which allows double tab and context menu (long click & hold is interpreted as context menu click) and it works great.

All i need is a layout providing more buttons. But my streamzap remote needs to to be able to navigate through all buttons on screen so that i can 'click' them.

Chris

A

Anonymous

Are the different actions that can be used in a skin defined somewhere?
    Even as constants in the code somewhere?

A

Anonymous

this is a great idea.. i'd invest in a touchscreen if MP works with it. Reminds me of the digital jukebox at hollister when i worked there.

A

Anonymous

Scrolling the Welcome Screen's Menu is very difficult using a touchscreen. Any workaround available ?

Thanks
    chris

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yeah just turn the scrolling off!

start setup
    goto plugins
    choose the Home plugin and click edit

Frodo

A

Anonymous

Hi frodo,

thanks for the info. This is a new setting, isn't it ? Well, i'd prefer to enable a scroolbar via this setting. Another great feature would be to
    define a favorite plugin which starts up automatically (My Music in my case :) ).

Thanks
    chris

A

Anonymous

I asked about this previously. It doesn't seem they want to implement it as an option. You can't assume how many items will be in the menu or impose a maximum really, so it's hard to just stop the scrolling.
    I played in the code and stopped it from scrolling because I know I only have about 4 items in my list. I haven't figured out how to stop it from repeating yet though.

I'm hoping to be able to somehow implement an option alternative main menu. I just can't think of what it would be.

Any ideas? It has to be able to handle various amounts of menu items.

A

Anonymous

well, i'd prefer to have a 'welcome screen' plugin, in which i can configure the shape so that the menu items are placed along big icons and - if required - with a scroll bar at the right.

That whould definitely fit best for my so cute touchscreen ;)
    http://www.xenarc.com/product/700y.html

Devteam, please please give us this plugin :D

Chris

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    It would be cool if a skin could have it's own home. Let me explain a little bit more.

The current home is nice, but it seems that it is not suitable for touchscreens. Also there might be other ways to select the plugins. Now if a skin could have it's own "home" that skin could do the home in its own way and be something special. Obviously this would require some coding. Skinners that can't/don't want to make a new type of home, just don't include a new "home" and it will default to the normal home that comes with MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom