touchscreen friendly / more file browsing options (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Can any of the developers out there shed some light as to how much responsibility the current home plugin actually has? Does it do nothing more than bring other plugins to the front? Or is it the one that actually loads them all?
I will gladly write a new home plugin that will do no more than load controls and bring the defined plugin to the front when it's selected.

Perhaps splitting the current home plugin into 2 parts would solve this.

A

Anonymous

yeah just turn the scrolling off!

start setup
goto plugins
choose the Home plugin and click edit

Frodo

Oh WOW! I had no idea that was in there! That's great. Would it be possible that when scrolling is disabled, the repeat of the items is also disabled?
Should I put this in as a feature request?
Also, perhaps this is another request. Could we assign an image to menu item?

cheffe97

Portal Pro
August 10, 2004
Berlin, Germany
techsc:
I plan to invest in a touchscreen myself. It would be great if u can provide some feedback of your experiences with yours (congrats by the way for your new TS)
Is 7'' big enough? I fear it would be too small so any suggestions?
cheers

A

Anonymous

cheffe97:
The 7" XENARC 700TSV has a real resolution of 800x480 pixels. I have tested it with 640x480 800x600 800x480 and 1024x768 and can say that
all resolutions are very good readable.
Certainly, the 800x480 should be the optimal setting since no inter-/extrapolation is needed to fit it into the touchscreen. However, all resolutions except from the 1024x768 are very sharp - as good as a common notebook display.

So i feel that 7" is big enough. Everything needed fits in and the touchscreen has medium-good sensitivity. Even right-click is implemented - just hold the finger >1 second on a place and the right click event is raised !

At least one note: This touch screen should be only used as a second screen - writing a letter or some other 'real working' with this screen is possible but not really ergonomically :)

I have set it up to run as clone with my 30" LCD-TV. So i don't need to turn on that big device in case i'd only play some mp3's.

Chris

cheffe97

Portal Pro
August 10, 2004
Berlin, Germany
That is exactly what I want (clone it with beamer to have the possibility to select let's say music without turning the beamer on). What happens when u turn res to 1024x768(since this will be the beamer res)?
Thanks for sharing experiences :)

A

Anonymous

with 1024x768 the screen is a little blur - but MP rescales and so there is no great impact.

Here some impressions using different resolutions:

640x480start
640x480start.JPG

800x600start
800x600start.JPG

1024x768start
1024x768start.JPG

1024x768 MP
1024x768B.JPG

1024x768 MP(2)
1024x768C.JPG

A

Anonymous

realistically though you won't want it on 1024x??? anyways. You those menu items to be big enough so you can easy select one.
I have mine on 800x??? and have made changes to the MCE skin to accomodate finger use.
I'm still working on the main menu, but after that it should be done.

A

Anonymous

techsc said:
with 1024x768 the screen is a little blur - but MP rescales and so there is no great impact.

Here some impressions using different resolutions:

1024x768 MP(2)
1024x768C.JPG

is that french band air you have there?

A

Anonymous

yes - you like them too ? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom