Touchscreen skin? (1 Viewer)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a skin which is touchscreen compatible? I have MP1 setup on my surface pro and the default skins don't like touchscreen, ie I want to scroll through lists bys swiping on the screen. Also menus don't navigate either.

Cheers,
Colin

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had added basic touch support to MP2 years ago, I think this is not available for MP1. There are diffferent skins for MP2, some are more or less usable by touch. So you might give it a try if it fits your needs.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    I had added basic touch support to MP2 years ago, I think this is not available for MP1. There are diffferent skins for MP2, some are more or less usable by touch. So you might give it a try if it fits your needs.

Hi Morpheus,

Thanks for info. Definitely don't want to move to MP2. Too many database incompatibilities and/or effort to understand what's needed. Also I love MP1. I didn't realise that touchscreen compatibility is skin related, you would think its a windows input device of sorts so just passing commands to the software.

Cheers,
    Colin

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I didn't realise that touchscreen compatibility is skin related, you would think its a windows input device of sorts so just passing commands to the software
    I didn't expect this myself before, but once you want to do full touch screen support you have to reconsider many usability points. Some things are covered by Windows, like treating a "long tap" as context menu call. But then there are many small details in skins which you have to adjust.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    I didn't expect this myself before, but once you want to do full touch screen support you have to reconsider many usability points. Some things are covered by Windows, like treating a "long tap" as context menu call. But then there are many small details in skins which you have to adjust.

Thanks. Hopefully an MP1 skin developer might modify one? :0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom