Touchscreen Skin (1 Viewer)

smithft

Portal Member
November 18, 2005
Newbe here -
Echoing other peoples comments that MP is fantastic - Keep up the great work.
I have a few questions.....
1) I have a 8" touchscreen and would like some advice on which skin people would think would work best. I have only 5 or 6 items on homepage and need to turn scrolling off
2) I liked "Samsonite"s MCE05 but the last download link I could find didn't work. Any suggestions where I can find a download link ?
3) Has anybody started working on a dedicated Touchscreen Skin. Most of the skins are fantastic with superb graphics but can be a little hard to control with small buttons and a finger. Homepage is generally fine but in the submenus for pics, music, news, mail they can be a bit small,

Thanks[/list]

itspac

Portal Member
January 3, 2006
bluetwo mod

I am attempting to modify the bluetwo skin for a small touchscreen (7"). I dont have my screen yet so there may be somethings that change when I get it in.

plus there are plenty of setting to use, like big icons in video and music to make it easier to navigate.
skin2.png

smithft

Portal Member
November 18, 2005
Hi itspac,
Thanks for the reply.
Let em know if you want it tested.. (release or pre-release)
The main issues I have seen are the homepage scrolling (or getting access to the other items in "no-scrolling" mode) and the size of the buttons in many of the sub screens. Other than that it works fantastic.

I have an 8" Innovatek and even though it says it can support 800x600 it really can't with a max of 640*480 but at that resolution its crystal. I have been playing with the touchsreen for a while now and can write a list of comments/suggestions if it would help.

I have recently ordered a 15" touch screen (old POS system screen) and it should be here in the next few days. If you interested I can let you know how I get on. I wanted a "small" TV in the kitchen so we could use it to watch TV and also run MP to get access to music, news feeds, weather, internet, mail, etc..

Cheers
Frank

itspac

Portal Member
January 3, 2006
II want to see if i can change the way MP scrolls, been searching to see if that has come up before.

I will gladly take any comments or suggestion you have, because I dont know how it responds to the touchscreen yet.

Thanks

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Have you looked at this thread? Harley said he was working on it for use on touchscreen but it was bigger than you had wanted.

itspac

Portal Member
    January 3, 2006
    The main issues I have seen are the homepage scrolling (or getting access to the other items in "no-scrolling" mode)

thats the prob i have with project X. I'd like to figure out a way to control the scroll by push of a button control

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    This will be awesome if finished. My mate has just bought one of those LC18's with built in 7" screen, so this would be perfect.

itspac

Portal Member
    January 3, 2006
    ok, this is what i'm going to do. increase the size of the buttons and stretch the menu, I have for the most part, and then use the home pluggin to stop the scroll and arrange all the items i want in sub menus. that way i can have 5 main items and up to 5 per submenu... 25 total items available to choos from.

what do you think?

itspac

Portal Member
    January 3, 2006
    it's not complete yet, but I think I have enlarged most of the buttons, I am using it with my own menu structure and no scrolling.
    5 main menu items and up to 5 below them. Like i said I dont have a touchscreen, and i'm a newbie at this.. so i'll take any advice.

http://www.dremagic.com/mportal/blackouttoo.rar

sorry the place I have this file is slow on the upload side, but its only temporary...

first407

Portal Member
    November 9, 2005
    Norway
    smithft said:
    Hi itspac,

I have recently ordered a 15" touch screen (old POS system screen) and it should be here in the next few days. If you interested I can let you know how I get on. I wanted a "small" TV in the kitchen so we could use it to watch TV and also run MP to get access to music, news feeds, weather, internet, mail, etc..

Cheers
    Frank

Hi I am very interested how you are planning your "small" TV in the kitchen. I have started a tread here http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12376&highlight=
    but maybe you already have a solution :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom