Tracks/files not shown in database view (1 Viewer)

fnokke

Portal Member
February 26, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

I have been using mptagthat for a while now and managed to retag a few albums. At one point I wanted to retag files distributed in several folders for a common mixed-artist album and needed to search the database for all songs tagged with that album. In settings I specified the MP Music database and by switching view to database view I could see all my albums including the one I searched for. However, when using the database view I do not get any files at all listed. It seems that this is true for all of the folders in the database view and also when I conduct my search I get null results even for the albums listed in the database view. When I look in the log file it seems as though the database query succeeds: " Database scan : Query retrieved 24 songs", however the main frame does not display these songs.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug of sort?

Thanks for great work!
Cheers,

Jakob

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You mean the search feature does not list anything?

but when you select e.g. Artists from the Treeview you get results?

fnokke

Portal Member
    February 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In both cases, e.g. TreeView (of database) and the search function I am not shown any result in the window despite the fact that the logfile seems to indicate that the database query succeeded. For the treeView however I am shown the correct set of artists and albums in the left but when I click on the "foldericons" I am not shown anything (but a very briefly appearing dialog which seems to tell me that the database query is conducted). Any ideas?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    have you played with Filters?
    maybe a filter setting, which is left over prevents the files being displayed.
    see in the status bar on the very left side, if filtering is active.

you could also upload your database to some free file hoster and pm me the link.
    i will then try with your db.

fnokke

Portal Member
    February 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Crash

Hi,

I am not sure exactly what I did, but I tried switching filters on an off and suddenly I saw the results? Now it works.

Instead I got a new problem seemingly caused by duplicate entries in the database where one part of the duplicate is a non-existant file (moved with the organize feature of MPTagThat). I got this exception info and after that the "continue"-option freezes the program.

Do I need to update the music database content? Can I do this from MPTagThat?

Thanks,

Jakob

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'Z:\Music\Rosalia de Souza\Brazilian Groove\01 Moita, Maria.mp3'.
    File name: 'Z:\Music\Rosalia de Souza\Brazilian Groove\01 Moita, Maria.mp3'
    at TagLib.File.Create(IFileAbstraction abstraction, String mimetype, ReadStyle propertiesStyle)
    at TagLib.File.Create(String path)
    at MPTagThat.GridView.GridViewTracks.AddDatabaseSongsToGrid(List`1 songs)
    at MPTagThat.GridView.GridViewTracks.DatabaseScan()
    at MPTagThat.Main.RefreshTrackList()
    at MPTagThat.TreeViewControl.treeViewFolderBrowser_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes you can rescan your Music DB from within MPTagThat. it's in the Settings dialog.

and that reminds me, that i need to fix this error, if we have a no longer existing music file.

SurFan

Portal Member
    August 7, 2005
    Hi,

first of all, thanks for this very impressive piece of software.

I have the same problem. There are simply no tracks in database view visible. I tried this on different computers (XP/Vista) with different songs. Here is what I've done:

Fresh install of MPTagThat, going to configuration/Tags/Database, selected a new Database as shown in the attached img1.jpg, started the update and applied the changes.
    Changed in the main screen to Database view. As you can see in img2.jpg the treeview is correct. When I select an album, I see very shortly a status window with a progressbar (I think, because it vanishes so quickly), but the tracks remain empty. However the SQL statement executed by MPTagThat returned 2 records, so the database import seems to be ok:

Code:
    2010-01-19 11:24:05.328094 [Information][11]: Database Update: Music database update done.  Processed 10 tracks in: 00:00:02 (0,2440244 Sekunden pro Datei)
    2010-01-19 11:24:05.328094 [Debug][11]: Database Update: Ending Database Update thread
    2010-01-19 11:24:12.913852 [Debug][1]: >>> MPTagThat.Preferences.Preferences.buttonApply_Click
    2010-01-19 11:24:12.915852 [Debug][1]: >>> MPTagThat.Preferences.Preferences.SaveKeyMap
    2010-01-19 11:24:12.917853 [Debug][1]: <<< MPTagThat.Preferences.Preferences.buttonApply_Click
    2010-01-19 11:24:21.303691 [Debug][1]: TreeViewBrowser: Executing sql: select strArtist from artist order by strArtist
    2010-01-19 11:24:22.222783 [Debug][1]: TreeViewBrowser: Executing sql: select distinct strAlbum from tracks where strArtist like '%| Bachman-Turner Overdrive |%' order by strAlbum
    2010-01-19 11:24:23.028864 [Debug][1]: >>> MPTagThat.TreeViewControl.treeViewFolderBrowser_AfterSelect
    2010-01-19 11:24:23.029864 [Debug][1]: >>> MPTagThat.Main.RefreshTrackList
    2010-01-19 11:24:23.032864 [Debug][1]: Database Scan: Executing sql: select strPath from tracks where strArtist like '%| Bachman-Turner Overdrive%' AND strAlbum like 'Not Fragile' order by iTrack
    2010-01-19 11:24:23.032864 [Debug][1]: Database Scan: Query returned 2 songs
    2010-01-19 11:24:23.065867 [Debug][1]: <<< MPTagThat.Main.RefreshTrackList
    2010-01-19 11:24:23.065867 [Debug][1]: <<< MPTagThat.TreeViewControl.treeViewFolderBrowser_AfterSelect

I have attached in the zip-file 2 images showing the impoort and the empty tracklist, as well as the complete log and the database

Thanks in advance for looking into it

Ralph

Attachments

• MPTagThatTest.zip
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom