Trailers button -> "Error getting search results" (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

MP 1.2.3 Fresh install
    Avalon 1.1 (package installer)
    Online videos 1.2.0.0 (installed via MPEI)

When I click on the trailer button in moving pictures I get the following error

"Online Videos: Error getting search results"

If I confirm the search string, I still get the same error

I have tried reinstalling both online videos and avalon skin.

error1.jpg

error2.jpg

error3.jpg

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looks like the search on http://m.imdb.com/ (which is the source for the plugin) is broken.
    Every search displays "No Results". I will look for an alternative entry but this will probably be solved once IMDb fixes the mobile site.

It seems that avalon asks online videos to perform a search on the IMDB Trailer Site, which is currently broken.

I suggest that the skin is patched to use an alternative online video's provider until the IMDB site is fixed.

I would suggest a search using youtube and the following string does a good job of finding trailers
    "%MOVIETITLE% (%YEAR%) trailer"

eg. "Alien (1979) trailer"

wieger wijnia

Portal Member
    November 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It seems the exact same thing is happening again, as imdb is again broken sadly.

I would like to add that i would love to have a option to search on a alternative site, but not shure if this is possible in avalon altho it seems some alternative skins have this option.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This button will be replaced with a trailer plugin that someone is working on, which will be a lot more accurate than the crappy imdb trailer search which often has poor results.

wieger wijnia

Portal Member
    November 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thats great news, will this happen soon ? or is this a long term goal.

I am switching from dbviewer, and as mediaportal is superior in almost every aspect the trailer support is very poor, and limited to online trailers.

In my setup on family night the trailers feature is used a lot to select which movie we like to watch.

I selected avalon for the high waf acceptance, and the feedback is very positive only sadly the trailers are not working.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think the imdb trailer serach will be fixed before the trailer plugin is created. The trailer plugin will be 100x better than the imdb trailer search, as it will use themoviedb.com trailer youtube links which are more accurate and complete.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom