Trailers Plugin v1.3.0 (Play/Stream/DL for MovingPictures, My Films, My Videos..) [2020-02-23] (3 Viewers)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just like to let people know if they find online trailers useful, then please consider helping out at themoviedb.org to populate the list of trailers for your movie collection. It's not restricted to Trailers, you can add Clips or Featurettes, these can be cool to watch after you have viewed a movie as opposed to watching a teaser/trailer before watching a movie.

When adding youtube trailers to themoviedb.org, the only thing to be aware of is what to copy into the Source Key field, I've seen some people copy the whole youtube url or the wrong parts of it. As an example, for this Teaser of the Hobbit: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcB0znwAdmg, you need to copy in the part after the '?v=' i.e. BcB0znwAdmg

Attachments

• trailerbox.jpg
      trailerbox.jpg
      15.8 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Damien, will there be support for Trakt in the future (e.g. Trending/Popular Movies etc.)?
    Already supported ;)

trakt already supports trailers from themoviedb.org, but only a single online trailer. In Trakt advanced settings, you can switch to use Trailers plugin and take advantage of multiple trailers as well as getting trailer urls directly from themoviedb.org (sometimes trakt can be outdated on some movies).

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That's cool, one thing that isn't supported and you may want is the ability to create the skin button for trailers. Currently for trakt it's only supported from it's context menu or when you click Ok/Play on a movie (if you don't have it locally).

I can add support for the skin button too if you want (you can place it in a hidden menu or something)? It will probably good to add support for this anyway as eventually there will be a details view for trending items etc.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Any interest out there for automatic trailer download for your local media libraries (MovingPictures, MyFilms, MyVideos etc)?

There could be configurable settings such as: No. of Trailers to retrieve, Types (Trailers, Teasers, Featurettes and Clips), Directory/File Patterns for storage etc.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New release available, big thing for this release is automatic trailer downloads, you will need to enable what plugins you want so don't worry no bandwidth will be wasted by default.
    v1.0.6 [2014-01-03]
    • Added support to auto download in background trailers from enabled plugin libraries. See settings to enable this feature for your respective plugin. Trailers can be downloaded for movies from the following libraries:
      • MovingPictures
      • My Films
      • My Videos
    • Added support for trailers button in the Trakt plugin, movie windows only.
      • Recommendations Movies
      • Trending Movies
      • WatchList Movies
      • Related Movies
      • Recent Watched Movies
      • Recent Added Movies
      • Search Movies
      • List Movie Items
    • Updated translations from Transifex.

Attachments

• AutoDownloadSettings.jpg
      AutoDownloadSettings.jpg
      237.7 KB
    Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Any feedback from the auto download feature would be much appreciated, would particularly like to know if its working as expected i.e. it downloads trailers and that you can play them.

Note: you don't need to add the trailer download directory as one of the dedicated trailer directory, it automatically checks that directory first if auto download is enabled for any of your plugins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom