trailers wont play (1 Viewer)

Brungle

Portal Member
January 16, 2009
I am setup to use external player (KM Player) but I get the same problems if I use internal player too, please can you tell me what settings you have within medportal config videos>video player screen?

my settings are attached in my previous post.

thank you again

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I am setup to use external player (KM Player) but I get the same problems if I use internal player too, please can you tell me what settings you have within medportal config videos>video player screen?

my settings are attached in my previous post.

thank you again

I'm using MPC video decoder + MPC Audio decoder but the most important thing is that i'm installing codecs manually and only the needed ones (Haali media splitter,MPV video decoder,MPC audio decoder,PowerDVD Mpeg2 video decoder,Ac3 filter).
    I think you should try the codec pack created by Hoborg here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/standalone-filters-mediaportal-saf-44614/#post300495 cause help alot of guys who had the same issue you have.
    Look carefull on the first page and download only the right version for your MP version.Let me know how thing go after that.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Arent the trailers quicktime movies (assuming they come from apple) so you will need a QuickTime DirectShow filter. So if you dont have iTunes/Quicktime installed, then go get "QT Lite" (QT Lite)

Or if quicktime is already installed, you can just install this DirectShow filter: QuickTime DirectShow Filter Overview

No revs,quicktime direct show is not needed.Once haali splitt the file MPC audi&video decoder will do the rest,i never used any quicktime software.

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    Can't play any trailer.

I would really like to use this plugin, but it seems I can't play trailers. I use mpc-hc as external player, works great for everything else, and MOV files plays fine. But in this plugin, I get an internal message in mediaportal that it can't play the file, and it shows some codec stuff. So it seems it doesn't switch to the external player like the normal media files. Is this by design? Can this be fixed?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Arent the trailers quicktime movies (assuming they come from apple) so you will need a QuickTime DirectShow filter. So if you dont have iTunes/Quicktime installed, then go get "QT Lite" (QT Lite)

Or if quicktime is already installed, you can just install this DirectShow filter: QuickTime DirectShow Filter Overview

No revs,quicktime direct show is not needed.Once haali splitt the file MPC audi&video decoder will do the rest,i never used any quicktime software.
    that is only correct for trailers from apple.com

you will not be able to play all the other mov's out there.
    the most simple solution to be able to play anything thats called *.mov is to install apple quicktime + the meedialooks mov filter from our repository. :)

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    One thing I've found is that if you have Nero 8 installed on the system then no matter what, the apple trailers won't play thru the plug-in.
    Don't know why, or where the conflict is, but as soon as I uninstall Nero 8 everything plays. And with Nero 8, everything plays fine thru the Apple website. Just not thru MP.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    One thing I've found is that if you have Nero 8 installed on the system then no matter what, the apple trailers won't play thru the plug-in.
    Don't know why, or where the conflict is, but as soon as I uninstall Nero 8 everything plays. And with Nero 8, everything plays fine thru the Apple website. Just not thru MP.
    Because Nero8 installs directshow filters (codecs). And because there Merit is set to a quite high level, windows uses the codecs from nero instead of others.

and because the codecs from nero are "not good", the playback fails. :)

i am still using nero6, because that was a burning suite. todays nero is just messed up with totally useless features and filters. :mad:

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Because Nero8 installs directshow filters (codecs). And because there Merit is set to a quite high level, windows uses the codecs from nero instead of others.

and because the codecs from nero are "not good", the playback fails. :)

i am still using nero6, because that was a burning suite. todays nero is just messed up with totally useless features and filters. :mad:

Thanks for the info!
    Is there any way to change the Merit of the Nero codecs so that I can have version 8 installed happily with MP?

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    after frash install of MP 1.01 - play problem.

after i install a frash mp 1.01 i have problem playing the trailers , i did not chang any thing codec,or somting like thet, just install mp 1.01 ...
    whenn i push play the movie start then frize the picture , i can hear the sound ..just the picture stock.
    i try to uninstal / and instal again the Quicktime+medialooks filter but it is the same ...

this is strange with MP 1.0 was working with no problem at all... i thot v 2.02 can work with mp1.01 ?

any help please ??
    ysmp

wall i fix it ...i did uninstall of all codecs and Quicktime and so on ,then install all back ..work again..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom