trailers wont play (1 Viewer)

joseosoria

Portal Pro
March 3, 2008
Home Country
can not watch my trailers, .mov error, downloaded aple software and quick time but same error, used hali spliter and all kind of config but nothing. any hints on this? also intalled and uninstalled all kind of codec packs and nothing same error

i just noticed that same trailers can be played in online videos,, itune apple trailers tab without any trouble, so i guess the problem of .mov is in my trailers pluging. of course in the itune trailers i dont see the sypnosis of the movie or the info just the trailer itself but is playable.

kbluebig

August 7, 2010
you will not be able to play all the other mov's out there.
the most simple solution to be able to play anything thats called *.mov is to install apple quicktime + the meedialooks mov filter from our repository. :)

Thanks for the help Infinite loop. That fixed it for me... I installed quicktime and then that filter and wa-lah, my trailers plugin now work.

Oh and I absolutely love this mediaportal 1.1 final release. Been using alpha for a while now and it was slightly buggy but so far with the final release, I have not had any problems except for the trailers plugin but now I got that fixed.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
If you have problems to make Apple trailers (using Online videos plugin) to work, install *unlocked* SAF, you will be able to play HD trailers using DXVA if your hardware support it. No need to configure anything...

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hoborg,

Just for your information. I dont know why or how, but each time after installing the latest SAF5 (unlocked) I can not play the trailers. I need to install the seperate directshowfilter after saf to get it working. I'll dig into it more in a couple fo weeks.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Hoborg,

Just for your information. I dont know why or how, but each time after installing the latest SAF5 (unlocked) I can not play the trailers. I need to install the seperate directshowfilter after saf to get it working. I'll dig into it more in a couple fo weeks.

Are you using Online videos plugin?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Guys, this is the wrong thread for discussing SAF issues. ;)

I didnt think this is SAF issue. I just tryed Apple trilers in Online videos, all working fine.

My question is if this happend only in My trilers plugin or in Online videos eighter. That is all i need to known.

EDIT:
Just tested My Trilers plugin, working like a charm for me. I only noticed DXVA is not used by some reason (regular FFDShow is in use instead of DXVA version )- must be My Trilers plugin related, becouse the same triler working (use DXVA decoder) fine in Online videos

snatz

Portal Member
December 26, 2009
SAF unlocked won't play the trailers here. I think the only way is to install that damn Quicktime Source Directshow Filter.

Maby MP4 splitter will solve it. Haven't tested it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom