Trakt for MP2 question (1 Viewer)

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    G'day guys,
    I am looking forward to trying the next version of MP2 (new skin hopefully soon;)) and after trying previous versions the only thing I can't work out is how the trakt plugin will work for me.
    I fully understand this probably cannot be achieved yet, as I understand you guys are limited with developers. With all appreciation for your efforts I am just interested in helping to improve the plugin.

My use case;
    I have a dedicated server which will run my MP2 server. I'll create one user to start with. I'll use MP2 on serveral clients throughout the house.
    I have always used MP1 in a similar scenario as I test MP2.
    I have a plex server which I use for streaming remotely to other mobile devices (phones/tablets).

MP1 and Plex scrobble to trakt forward and back as you would expect.
    My PC clients all shut down when they are not in use.

Example.
    I use MP1 or Plex to play a file. It scrobbles to trakt as watching and then watched.
    If I then run MP2 on a client machine, when and how can MP2 trakt plugin sync the new watched info.
    I have seen that it will sync at a scheduled time as the server updates but could it somehow handle cross platform syncing.

So after all that, a simple question,
    Could MP2 somehow sync trakt watched data "live" so that when the clients wake from sleep, the history is correct?
    Love all the work you guys do (y)

Michael

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @aspik worked out the trakt part of MP2. Perhaps he can help you.

The new skin Nereus is basically ready fo next release, just a few small issues need to be added.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    If I then run MP2 on a client machine, when and how can MP2 trakt plugin sync the new watched info.
    You should get the watched info when you manually trigger a sync with trakt from the MP2 client.

For now no more development is planned for the trakt plugin (at least not from my side). I don't "believe" in trakt anymore and I don't use it anymore, sorry.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    For now no more development is planned for the trakt plugin (at least not from my side). I don't "believe" in trakt anymore and I don't use it anymore, sorry.

That is a shame but I do think I understand where you are coming from. Trakt now have a paid service if you want to sync to Plex o_O. I'm using an altrernative for now until Trakt block it.
    I wish "follw.it" was still operating.
    I might start manually synchronising my watched history with my offline content using tMM but I think MP2 will not update watched history from the nfo files after the content has been imported, love to be proven wrong though.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I think @Lehmden MP2-Buddy is already capable to import watched flags from MP1 to MP2.
    It was until MP 2.1 Due to many changes done to the db ist was nearly impossible to modify the database from outside any longer since MP 2.2. Then the flag mover plugin came out and I started to adopt MP2-Buddy to use Flag Mover json files. instead of modifying MP2 database directly. But this happens shortly before I changed over to Kodi as client software (due to changed hardware not able to run Windows), so I lost motivation and even data to work with. The version I have locally available can do some conversions between the different data sets to flag mover json but I can't test if anything still is working. If someone is interested to maintain the program any further, it is open source and I'll be glad to attach the recent source code here...

There is a flag mover version for MP 2.1.3 so you can install 2.1.3 (I still use 2.1.3 as TV Backend for Kodi), import your media and after that the watched flags from MP1 into MP 2.1.3 (with the help of MP2-Buddy), export the flags with flag mover plugin and install MP 2.2.x. Normally the flags schuld be migrated from 2.1.3 to 2.2.x but if not you will have a flag mover backup of them... This is not very elegant but as this is a one time only work it is doable... Or you need to do a batch conversion from MP2-Buddy .watched (pure text) files to flag movers .json files...

The existing MP2-Buddy version still is useful to do a regular and automated backup of MP2.x.y databases. This will most likely work until eternity as it uses internal SQLite mechanisms so the database structure is not relevant at all.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So I have tried the trakt sync option with tiny media manager and have successfully imported all my watch flags to my nfo files.
    When I have installed the new version of MP2 I will reimport all my folders from scratch as I have made quite a few modifications since the last import (names, sort titles, collections, certifications, thumbs, fanarts etc), after which I will need to keep better track of which nfo's I change so I can remove movie/sync/reimport movie/sync again as I change them.
    Just out of curiosity, is there anything on the horizon to make reimporting local videos a bit easier when nfo's change?
    Really looking forward to the new version. Love the work you guys all do.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just out of curiosity, is there anything on the horizon to make reimporting local videos a bit easier when nfo's change?
    There is currently only the reimport function, that can be used individually for media items, that were wrongly found or updated.
    There is no function yet to check, if the nfo content changed, it would take far too much time. But I'd also like a function to generally reimport all media items once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom