Transferring Databse (1 Viewer)

jona78

Portal Pro
May 4, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all

I am about to perform a clean install on my pc and was wondering is there any way to transfer my moving pictures database from one pc to another? I have spent an eternity manually inputting missing backdrops, certifications and runtimes etc and with over a thousand films I'm sure you can appreciate it's quite a chore.

Many thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I am about to perform a clean install on my pc and was wondering is there any way to transfer my moving pictures database from one pc to another? I have spent an eternity manually inputting missing backdrops, certifications and runtimes etc and with over a thousand films I'm sure you can appreciate it's quite a chore.

As long as you do not go from XP to Vista/Win7/Win8 then the paths are the same, and you should be fine by copying over your movingpictures.db3 database and the MovingPictures related folders in the 'thumbs' folder. All these files/folders are in your Team MediaPortal "User Files" folder, for which you have a shortcut in your start menu.

Just be sure that your 'new' setup has the same drive letters and paths (UNC, etc) for all the media as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom