Trouble getting EPG data (1 Viewer)

MOMH

May 12, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Useing Windows 7 64 in US for OTA TV. I am trying to set up the EPG with XMLTV. When running MC2XML only legacy Microsoft gets any data & that is only channels no programs. TitanTV gives an error HL -y. Any help would be appreciated.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

Useing Windows 7 64 in US for OTA TV. I am trying to set up the EPG with XMLTV.
    Okay.

When running MC2XML only legacy Microsoft gets any data & that is only channels no programs.
    When you say this, do you mean inside the xmltv.xml (tvguide.xml) file, or when you attempt to import the file?

TitanTV gives an error HL -y.
    Are you using the latest version of mc2xml?
    ...and donator version, or non-donator version?
    I honestly don't know if the TitanTV grabber in mc2xml is still working. Most people I come into contact with around here either use one of the MS services, or the SchedulesDirect service.

Any help would be appreciated.
    It would be helpful if you could zip and attach the output you're getting from mc2xml. If you're not getting good output from mc2xml then TV Server's XMLTV plugin isn't going be able to give you anything useful either.

Regards,
    mm

MOMH

May 12, 2015
    Home Country
    mc2xml is vers 1.3 which should be latest. Evidently, mc2xml does get program data but the import does not pull it in. I've included snapshots of both processes. I am useing the non-donated version of mc2xml.

Attachments

• EPGprob.zip
      175.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, thanks.
    I'm 99% sure the reason the XMLTV plugin is not importing programs is simply because you haven't linked the channels in the guide data file to channels in TV Server. That process is called "mapping". It is required. Mapping is done on the second tab of the XMLTV plugin.
    All of this is explained in the mc2xml/XMLTV guide in our wiki:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...e_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml#Setup_XMLTV_Plugin

MOMH

May 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks, I didn't realize the mapping was required for it to work.

marc44

Portal Member
    July 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi
    Thanks for a great software. I started looking around for a new one since MC died for me on the 21st July and I have shows I want to record. took me a while to get a grip on this software, it is complex and by far I am not finished but I got it. I use OTA, WPB area.
    While at the moment I use WebEPG with IMDB I would prefer the Titan since it seems to match the channels better then Imdb. I have some channels Imdb has not even listed, yet they are in Titan. If anybody has a xml file around this area, even if it is not West Palm Beach setup with Titan I would appreciate a post of it. It would make it much easier to readjust to my area. Thanks. If it is any help to anybody I attach mine for the WebEPG, IMDB, maybe somebody may use it as guidance how to setup channels.
    Thanks Marc

Attachments

• www_imdb_com.zip
      1.1 KB

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    It's my understanding that Titan does not support individual users. I also understand that the manufacturers of some tuner cards have agreements with Titan and furnish an ID to use the service.

marc44

Portal Member
    July 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks for all the reply. It make me think again ( I know, I should leave the thinking up to a horse since they have the bigger head) :)
    My tuner is the very old (~10 years?) ATI TV Wonder 600, ATSC hybrid and as I recall the software that came with it I think used the Titan Guide, yet since MC was so much easier I never bothered with it. I still don't want to bother with it since MP software is great and better then MC was. I had a stottering while watching live TV in MP. I then recorded some shows last night with MP and no problems or stottering in replay. Computer is only a old Gateway Laptop 1.67GHz Intel CPU (not 2GHz) with 3GB ram but it always was very adequate for MC and it looks like still good enough for MP. :)
    mc2xml I tried, no luck.
    I have all the main channels I usually record from correct from IMDB, so for the moment it is not a problem. I was thinking if MP would have a generic 30 minutes grid in the guide to be installed and the generic 30 minutes grid would just show up next to the channel that IMDB does not have in the MP-player then it should be possible to record the time-slot in 30 minutes intervals to record. Meaning a 1 hour show to record would be 2x30 minutes in the grid to turn red for recording.
    Hmmmm, if it does not exist already and I may have not found it yet, I guess I have to post this somewhere for the developers for a nice addition to implement. It would be just like in the old VCR programming days.
    Have a nice day all :)

Just found OTR, in the forum probably what I want. :)

Last edited:

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    marc44,

Agree with the comment it would be nice if the EPG "No Data" was broken up into 30/60 minute chunks and you could use the guide to schedule recordings by ChannelName/Time.

You can get that result, VCR-Like scheduling, by doing a manual record. Start from main TV Home screen http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/14_Using_MediaPortal/3_TV

Press Scheduled, use Menu on left side of screen to select New, then select either QuickRecord to make a 1 time recording, or AdvancedRecord to get additional recording options. This will then bring up a list of channels, select start time (24 hour format) and duration. You can then use EpisodeManagement to control how many episodes you keep, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom