Trouble getting EPG data (1 Viewer)

marc44

Portal Member
July 25, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks RonD for your reply. I am actually lucky, I don't know MP1 since my MediaCenter died july 21st, and I had no need before that to look around for something else. :) Therefore I started with MP2 Summer 15 Release. I think that is a good thing and as I understand all the good stuff of MP1 is in MP2 and more. So it is just a matter of learning on my end where to find the stuff. I still believe for simplicity reason it would be good to have a 30 mins recording grid (I don't think a TV-Show is less then that) either as a functional overlay or underlay of the TV-Guide in the player for recording instead of the "No data" next to the channel. The channel is there, because MP found the station from the ATSC tuner. I see you are a tester and it seems " mm" is kind enough to look even on this thread too, so maybe Dev Group members will think my suggestion over. :sneaky:
Yet, as I understand there might more pressing issues to be solved in the new MP2.
Thanks Marc

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    I'm really an "experienced user" who has been around MP1 for a few years. Mainly use MP1 but have tried MP2. For USA users getting the EPG running is 1 of the more frustrating areas. With the ripple effect of msft shutting down some EPG options it now causes problems with some EPG options.

For a new USA user, I'd suggest you bite the bullet, pay $25/yr (1 cup of coffee/month) for schedules direct and either use the SchedulesDirect plugin, or use mc2xml with xmltv. I've switched over to using SD/mc2xml/xmltv after trying/playing with the other options

marc44

Portal Member
    July 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks Ron
    I am a old TV user (literally), Just a new one to MP. I have only OTA TV all my life and as long as they don't do away with OTA I keep it that way.:)
    I watch mostly OTA 5.1, 2, 12.1, 2, 25.1, 2, 29.1, 34,1, 2, 3 and 42.1, 2, 3, 4. I also get OTA stations I deleted, about 34 in total but keep only 17. I am glad for MP, (tried Argus and Nextpvr) and uninstalled them again, not as good as MP.
    Actually on my grid recording I was thinking it would be nice if MP would just make the grid whenever there is "No Data" line in the player. This way it would not be important if I download a new guide or not, it would just switch to a 30 minutes grid on that line whenever the guide runs out. Hmmm, I guess that was another suggestion again. :eek: :)
    Back to reading/learning MP again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom