Trouble getting Moving Pictures to play DVDs (1 Viewer)

Ryan_M

Portal Member
March 20, 2009
Courtice
Home Country
Canada Canada
I'm setting up Moving Pictures for the first time in a long time. Using Mediaportal 1.2.2 and Moving Pictures 1.3.1. I'm using TMT5 as an external player also and all my media is straight rips off the original disks, no processing or iso's etc.. Blurays work no problem but trying to start a DVD just locks. It has worked fine in the past and I think I remember having to define an external player in either the 'videos' or 'DVD' section of the setup before, and I tried that, but no luck so far. I've looked at the log file and it doesn't appear like it's even trying to load TMT5 and when it locks and I do the ctrl+alt+del I don't see TMT in the running apps either so I guess that confirms that.

Thanks for any help!
Ryan

Ryan_M

Portal Member
March 20, 2009
Courtice
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thanks but I've seen that tutorial before and as far as I can see it's only for configuring an external player for blurays, not DVD's. BTW that wiki needs to be updated for TMT5, the Command-line Arguments needs to be "%root%" for it to work smoothly.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nope, it's not only for Blu-ray, but might have been written that way because native Blu-ray support wasn't available at that moment. You either use the internal player for ALL movies in the specific plugin, or an external player.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Might be related to a couple of things like codecs or other stuff. If your DVDs are stored as ISO files or Images, then you do need to setup the DVD Discs/Images section of MP Config also. Make sure you don't use LAV Video decoder for DVD playback, since that ain't supported.

Ryan_M

Portal Member
    March 20, 2009
    Courtice
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Turns out the problem (or part of it) was a borked install of media portal. I reinstalled and now specifying an external player in the DVD player section does now start up TMT. Still don't have it working but I'm a lot closer and now it doesn't appear to be a moving pictures issue so I'll start a thread else where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom