Trouble mapping channels to a tuner (1 Viewer)

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
October 25, 2015
Fairview, TN (ca. 20 mi. SSW of Nashville)
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
After MM and I FINALLY got MP 1.15 up and running, I thought my troubles were over. WRONG!! Now there are several channels I can't get the program to map to my runer, even though they show up in the EPG. I've tried the XML manual mapping procedure, but without success. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG THIS TIME??

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you a magnet for MediaPortal problems??? :)

Sorry but I can't understand what you're saying.

Programs don't map to tuners; channels do. However, I already mapped all your channels to all your tuners, so it wouldn't make sense that you'd have a problem with that. Further, channel-to-tuner mapping has nothing to do with EPG or the XMLTV plugin.

Can you please try to explain your problem again.

Please be specific. For example:
    "several channels" => "NBC, CBS, ESPN"
    "the program" => "The Late Show"
    "a [t]uner" => "tuner 2"

Screenshots would help.

P.S. I'm certain I also unticked the two "enabled" checkboxes in TV Server Configuration -> DVB EPG section... and yet the log files show that DVB EPG grabber is operating. The DVB EPG grabber cannot help you get EPG data. Please untick the aforementioned "enabled" checkboxes again and restart the TV service.

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2015
    Fairview, TN (ca. 20 mi. SSW of Nashville)
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry my previous explanation wasn't clear enough. The channel in question, WNPT, now shows up as being mapped in the XML listing (I mapped it myself, which may be part of the problem! (SIGH!)), but when I try to set up a recording, MP says the channel is not mapped to any card! What am I doing wrong, or, perhaps,failing to do? :(

Attachments

• Screenshot (10).png
      Screenshot (10).png
      1.7 MB
    • Screenshot (11).png
      Screenshot (11).png
      2.2 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For people reading this thread in future...
    After I had configured GlamRockCowboy's system, he had subsequently installed and/or activated the SchedulesDirect plugin. The SchedulesDirect plugin had created a whole lot of analog channels (as per its default config) which are untunable for a CableCARD tuner. GlamRockCowboy was trying to schedule a recording on one of those analog channels... but that's not going to work when you don't have any analog tuners. Hence the error message.

My advice to people with CableCARD tuners: don't attempt to install or use the SchedulesDirect plugin. It's fine for digital over-the-air/ATSC/antenna/aerial/terrestrial, analog cable, and digital cable + set-top-box + IR blaster setups, however it doesn't work very well with clear QAM or CableCARD tuner setups. If you receive digital cable TV, have a clear QAM or CableCARD tuner, and have a SchedulesDirect subscription, use either mc2xml or the official XMLTV grabber to pull your EPG data into an XMLTV file, then use TV Server's XMLTV plugin to import it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom