Trouble restarting TVservice on resume (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Oh I see, sorry mm. Well yes, it might be nice to find out why it's necessary but I think previously it's been suggested that my Nova-T 500 is just not very good and I'll have to put up with this problem unless I buy another tuner but other than this issue I find it a very good card, so I'm not looking to replace it.

Actually, at the moment I'm testing with just PS's "Reinitialise" option and it's working OK without restarting the service but I've got a feeling I've done this before and it works sometimes and other times it doesn't and I have to restart the service (maybe it depends on how long the PC is in standby for), so I'll have to do some more testing to see.

If I do find it still needs restarting, I might try your suggestion for a task to run a batch file thanks but it might be easier to use Windows 7 Suspend/Resume Control to do so, assuming that works. I don't actually need to do anything on standby, it's only on resume that I need to restart the service.

caveman

Portal Pro
August 2, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I had exactly the same problem when i tried to restart the TVService.
Like i normaly have restarting it.
But try to Stop it on the Suspend setting in the app i send you a link to. That might work.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I had exactly the same problem when i tried to restart the TVService.
Like i normaly have restarting it.
But try to Stop it on the Suspend setting in the app i send you a link to. That might work.

I think if I do that it will prevent it waking up to do recordings though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom