Trouble with HTPCInfo (1 Viewer)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm using the new aMPed revAMped w/18 font and when i go to HTPCInfo i get whats shown in the pic i uploaded in all HTPCInfo screens, I installed the new HTPCInfo and it works in the default skin but not in aMPed. I copied the overview.xml, gauges.xml summery.xml and details.xml files from the defualt skin to aMPed and it works but tiny font. Can you please work some magic on this Dadeo.

EDIT- I tried new installs of aMPed and HTPCInfo with the same results.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi TLD - I ran into the same issue when I first updated and tested HPTCInfo v1.3.1 but it resolved itself and now I cannot reproduce (as you can see in attached screenshot). IIRC all I did was reapply/save my settings in Config. :confused: I don't get any error messages, or log messages that indicate any problem, do you?

So we are going to have to try and identify the cause, because if I can't reproduce it, I can't fix it :( So:
    • Does the issue remain when you switch views?
    • Does the issue remain when you change/save some setting in HTPCInfo Plugin configuration?
    • Is it the same with different font sizes?
    If all else fails maybe attach your mediaportal.xml so I can see if there is anything different between our settings that might point to the source of the problem so i can fix it.

Attachments

• HTPCInfo.jpg
      HTPCInfo.jpg
      87.7 KB

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I don't get any error messages ether. I'll play around with it more tomorrow evening or Saturday and let you know what happens.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Hi TLD - I ran into the same issue when I first updated and tested HPTCInfo v1.3.1 but it resolved itself and now I cannot reproduce (as you can see in attached screenshot). IIRC all I did was reapply/save my settings in Config. :confused: I don't get any error messages, or log messages that indicate any problem, do you?

So we are going to have to try and identify the cause, because if I can't reproduce it, I can't fix it :( So:
    • Does the issue remain when you switch views?
    • Does the issue remain when you change/save some setting in HTPCInfo Plugin configuration?
    • Is it the same with different font sizes?
    If all else fails maybe attach your mediaportal.xml so I can see if there is anything different between our settings that might point to the source of the problem so i can fix it.

Well no joy for TLD, I totally uninstalled aMPed v3.3.1 and HPTCInfo v1.3.1 deleted all the backups, SVN's and any other files/folders that i could find in "Documents and settings" and "program files" that had to do with aMPed (including the aMPed folder with the saved configurations) or HPTCInfo then cleaned registry and upgraded to MP 1.2.1 installed HPTCInfo v1.3.1.mpe1. At this point i went to HPTCInfo configuration and was surprise to see the configuration was already set up (wonder what i missed) anyway i checked the default skin and HPTCInfo was working as expected.

I then installed aMPed v3.3.1 and made a new configuration, then started MP and went to HPTCInfo and :confused: same double text as shown in the picture in my previous post. To say the least i was disappointed. I went to HTPCInfo Plugin configuration and changed a couple settings and saved still on joy so i tried changing the Gauges.xml in aMPed skin folder to check different hard drives went back to HPTCInfo in aMPed revaMPed 15 and 18 font and still not working, checked in vintage home 15 and 18 font and no joy.

So attached is the "MediaPortal.xml" file you requested. If you need anything else i'll be checking back here frequently this weekend.

Thanks for the help Dadeo.

PS: how can i delete some of the old uploaded attachments that are in closed threads, the tick box is no longer present to delete them in user cp.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Of course our settings are a bit different, but I don't see anything in your MediaPortal.xml that should cause this issue. However, I did notice in the HTPC Info Forum Thread and Problem with HTPCinfo display in StreamedMP that other users had reported the same issue with other skins. Maybe ask doveman if he every managed to solve this? If it is something in the skin files I am happy to fix it!

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    While awaiting an answer from doveman i did a full uninstall of all plugins and MP, i then reinstalled MP and set it back up manually then installed HPTCInfo v1.3.1 Plugin and aMPed v3.3.1 alone setting them up manually. HPTCInfo v1.3.1 Plugin configuration was at the default state but the problem is still with me. Attached are MP logs and MP.xml for your viewing pleasure.

EDIT Got a reply from Doveman, he has not gotten his problem fixed yet.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      7.4 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi TLD - I am able to reproduce the issue now. Once I saved my settings in Config in 1.3.1, I got the same issue. It seems to be a problem with the Summary Info page. I think there must have been some change in HTPC Info v1.3.1 and I have contacted Micropolis for clarification how I should fix it. So stay tuned! (Note, the problem still exists even if you disable Show Summary Info in HTPC Info Options). For now, you could just copy the default skin HTPCInfoSummary.xml (which is empty). You will miss all the data that was on the Summary view, but at least you can view the other data.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Hi TLD - I am able to reproduce the issue now. Once I saved my settings in Config in 1.3.1, I got the same issue. It seems to be a problem with the Summary Info page. I think there must have been some change in HTPC Info v1.3.1 and I have contacted Micropolis for clarification how I should fix it. So stay tuned! (Note, the problem still exists even if you disable Show Summary Info in HTPC Info Options). For now, you could just copy the default skin HTPCInfoSummary.xml (which is empty). You will miss all the data that was on the Summary view, but at least you can view the other data.

Thanks i can read the overview, gauges, and details pages now. I have no gauges on the gauges page though, tried to rename my custom summery page to Overview as i would rather have my custom summery page than the Overview but that didn't work.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi TLD - Micropolis kindly helped me figure out the changes that were required, so now aMPed will properly support v 1.3.1 - Summary page will no longer overlay other views, and you can select gauge types via context menu. I have committed the changes to SVN, if you could test and confirm I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Note: If you are customizing the Summary page, you will need to edit the new version in SVN as the visibility conditions have all changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom