[solved] Trouble with installation on new client (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I installed 6.1.1.3139 on a new client (Win 8.1 Bing) and thought that adding the different xml files from an already functional client (with central config) would be enough.

Indeed, the MyFilms configuration shows the correct information and I can without issues load the config from my central repository. However, when I open the plugin within MP, I see the circling cursor and after some time MP crashes. The MyFilms.log shows a timeout error:

Error [ 31 | BaseMesFilms ]: LoadMyFilmsFromDisk() - File locked too long ! Returning error !

Which file is this that the plugin tried to access but can't? What can I do to resolve the problem? I am probably missing something.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, I was able to find the reason myself: MyFilms requires R/W access to the central storage location. The new client had received read only rights by default.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Ah, I was able to find the reason myself: MyFilms requires R/W access to the central storage location. The new client had received read only rights by default.
    Good finding - maybe it is worth to add a RW test on startup and a popup on error, would make it easier for the users...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Right. But why does it need R/W before actually having to write to it? In a central storage environment you will never write to it but only pull the info from there. If you are anyway on the code, you might take a look at this too.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    There is migration code, that might be executed on startup and update the central db file. Could you repost log with debug enabled? Then log will probably tell what mf was trying to do...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is migration code, that might be executed on startup and update the central db file. Could you repost log with debug enabled? Then log will probably tell what mf was trying to do...
    Sorry, but these logs are gone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom