Trouble with Terratec H7 and CAM (1 Viewer)

micko

Portal Pro
May 27, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
After the tuner being idle for about 5 minutes it will lost it's connection with the CAM. Only showing 'channel is scrambled' message until resetting the tuner. It does it every time when tuner is released and being idle for that time. This problem was introduced since mp 1.2.2 and paalkr first wrote report to the forum. After a lot researching mm1352000 found a workaround and released a patch that forced the graph never to be stopped. It worked fine. I have tried mp 1.2.3 and 1.3 alpha and problem still exists. The old patch doesn't work anymore and sure there is a need for more permanent solution or some kind of setup option we Terratec H7 owners could use. There could be some other tuners with this problem too.
Forum to the thread is here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/trouble-with-terratec-h7-and-cam.103398/

Steps to Reproduce:
1. After system is up tune the Terratec H7 to some scrambled channel that you should be able to watch. Just to make sure that it is working now.
2. Stop timeshifting from this tuner to have it idle state.
3. Wait 5-10 minutes.
4. Try to tune H7 to the scrambled channel again. You see 'Channel is Scrambled' message. Nothing you can do but reset your tuner and restart the tv-service.

Last edited:

micko

Portal Pro
May 27, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
How about one additional debug option for "force the graph never to be stopped"? Then it could be set if needed.

micko

Portal Pro
May 27, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
What is the current status of this issue? I had earlier some success with older driver, but now I have to use latest one with win7 x64 and this issue is annoying again.

micko

Portal Pro
May 27, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Ok, Thx. I could test TVE 3.5 as soon as it is ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom