trouble with tv auto tune (USA) (3 Viewers)

Jakeao

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
I'm trying to use the auto tune feature for the tv but it only tunes in to one channel, and then it just stays on that channel. Yesterday it tuned in to what whould be channel 5, and stayed on that frequency. today when I tried it, it tuned in to channel 26.
I guess I really do not understand this tv stuff. I know the tuner card works, because I have this other program that came with the card that tunes in the channels correctly. Is it really this much of a pain in the ass to setup the tv, or am I just missing something? my cable provider doesn't have the frequencies for the channels listed, so i dont thaink I can manually set it up. Any ideas what might be wrong?

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If it is analog cable, you can just use XMLTV to download the EPG for your provider and import the channels into MP. Then assign those channels to your TV card. You shouldn't need to auto tune.

Jakeao

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
well after spending about 10 hours so far trying to watch tv, it has finally dawned on me that this is compete bullshit. A person should not have to go online, register with sites, download tv guides, import them, cross their fingers, and pray, just so they can watch television. Why can I not just start the setup, run autotune, and have the channels be found. I could then change the info on them if I wanted to afterwards. I mean the lame ass progam that came with my tuner card found all of my channel is about 2 seconds. I just don't get it. :(

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok. Don't get all huffy puffy. Maybe your card is a newer revision or something and is not recognized properly by Media Portal.

Could you please post your system specs and at the very least the make and model of your tuner card?

From there, if your card is misconfigured and is on the supported list, I'll need you to get me the Device ID and some graphedit info, and then we will see if your card will work.

If you don't like your experience here, you can go down the road to SageTV and spend 80+ bucks. I did that...and I'm still here. Take from that what you will.

Jakeao

Portal Member
    January 20, 2006
    Sorry about that last post. Everything else worked so flawlessly in Media portal, and now the TV part is becoming a huge pain. It just gets so frustrating. My system specs are:

Windows XP pro
    1.1 GHZ Athlon
    256 RAM
    Pixelview 878TV

I see now that my video card isn't on the supported list. that's maybe the problem. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom