Troubles installing Media Portal TV-Server (1 Viewer)

heppi

Portal Member
November 3, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hallo,

just installed latest Version of Media Portal TV-Server on a Windows Server 2003.
I know that Windows Server 2003 is not supported. I do not need support, but I have some solutions:

1. Problem:
I have to install Windows Media Player 11, but Windows Server 2003 is not supported.
Solution: Use this How to to install it

2. Problem:
I could not start TV-Server Configuration because of a Remoting Exception with following exception text:
Failed to startup tvserviceSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException
This seems to be a bug. In error log is written:
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: .Config file '%path%\TVService.config' cannot be read successfully due to exception 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
Solution: You simply have to rename the "TVService.exe.config" into "TVService.config".

dangerzone

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
delft
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
2. Problem:
I could not start TV-Server Configuration because of a Remoting Exception with following exception text:
Failed to startup tvserviceSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException
This seems to be a bug. In error log is written:
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: .Config file '%path%\TVService.config' cannot be read successfully due to exception 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
Solution: You simply have to rename the "TVService.exe.config" into "TVService.config".

Thanks for this :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom