MP2 - V2.3 Troubles upgrading from MP2 2.2.3 to 2.3 (1 Viewer)

LionHe

Portal Member
April 7, 2013
Home Country
Italy Italy
Country flag
I tried upgrading from 2.2.3 to 2.3 on my Win10 HPTC. I fixed a couple of issues on the impossibility to run the 64bit and on the non working hama/ortek remote which is not full RC6 compliant following advice in this forum, but I was unable to see Live TV recordings with the user interface (both the old one and the new nereus one).
I set the location of the recordings as usual on the TV server setup and set it for all the cards. The recording was actually performed and the file located in the proper directory but it did not appear in the recordings therefore it was impossible to be played. Also previous recordings were imported into the database but they were not appearing.

I tried removing everything from programdata/team mediaportal and reinstalled again but the problem remained.

As far as log are concerned, the button "open log directory", in the tv server setup program, did not actually open the directory containing log files.
Also the log collector program displayed a window showing that the log files for the TV server (I don't remember the exact file path) was missing: therefore I assumed that there was something wrong with my installation and reverted back to 2.2.3 with a full image restore.

I'll try again next weekend but how can I further debug this issue? Which log file should I look at in order to understand why the recordings are not displayed on the user interface (or what setting in the user interface should I look at)?

Thank you for your attention,

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Same issue. Uninstalling & reinstalling worked for me as well. I did delete the folder tree, but looking beforehand showed that there were no files left after the uninstall & reboot.
Same issue. Uninstalling & reinstalling worked for me as well. I did delete the folder tree, but looking beforehand showed that...
I just upgraded from MP2 2.2.3 to MP2 2.3 and now my clients start, show the splash screen, and then don't move any further. Is it...
Replies
Views
Dumb mistake on my part. Forgot my TV signal amplifier was powered by my TV. Whoops. Plugged it into my HTPC and it all works now.
Dumb mistake on my part. Forgot my TV signal amplifier was powered by my TV. Whoops. Plugged it into my HTPC and it all works now.
Hi, new user. While debugging why I couldn't watch TV on a remote client via the Kodi Mediaportal PVR add-on, I noticed it only...
Replies
Views
Content-wise it's 100% same as the x86 version, but you can have performance improvements depending on your hardware. Seems my link behind the "here" in previous post disapeared. If you search in the forum for x64 problems with MP2.3 you'll find threads with solution, but the fix is also included in the installer link above.
Content-wise it's 100% same as the x86 version, but you can have performance improvements depending on your hardware. Seems my link...
Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
Replies
Views
Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
I've just upgraded the motherboard, CPU, ram, boot drives and PSU in my TV Server (always on), and am now having intermittent...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom