trying to add EPG. success with 165 cahnnels but NO programs loaded (1 Viewer)

jon z

August 12, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
:

Description
working on adding EPG...did all the steps, and loaded 165 channels, but after step 5, it imported the channels, but zero (O) programs. There's no other steps so I'm stuck ---any ideas?

Import the TV Guide Data
To import the TV Guide data:

1. Select XmlTv > General
  2. Select the "Import new tvguide.xml" check box
  3. Select Delete old programs before import check box,
  4. Clear the other check boxes
  5. Press Import
It will take some time for xmltv to import all of the TV Guide information and the import status report will update when xmltv is done. In this example it takes about 5 minutes to import 104 channels and 25,424 programs. See 1st picture for an example of XmlTv > General.

Steps to Reproduce:
did the 5 steps listed above. this module concludes itself with )zero prograsm, unlie the example on the wiki page

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

What guide service are you using to create the xmltv file?

The log displays in total 165 channels, but has repeated logh entries like
    [2017-08-11 17:03:35,516] [199585 ] [SetupTv ] [DEBUG] - channel#162 xmlid:I168.248850773.microsoft.com name:kx test dbsid:59
    I am a little bit confused about the microsoft.com.

Things really don't work when it comes to import program information
    [2017-08-11 17:03:35,775] [199844 ] [SetupTv ] [DEBUG] - xmltvimport: Reading TV programs
    [2017-08-11 17:03:35,781] [199850 ] [SetupTv ] [DEBUG] - XMLTVImport::CorrectEpisodeNum, could not parse 'CanBeUsed' as plain number
    [2017-08-11 17:03:35,801] [199870 ] [SetupTv ] [DEBUG] - XMLTVImport::CorrectEpisodeNum, could not parse 'CA121' as plain number
    [2017-08-11 17:03:35,801] [199870 ] [SetupTv ] [DEBUG] - XMLTVImport::CorrectEpisodeNum, could not parse 'SD043' as plain number

I am not very familiar with the late Windows MediaCenter EPG service that Microsft used to offer, but I am quite sure that it is no longer available. You would either need to use another paid service or have a look at @Lehmden's EPG Buddy that allows to use internet services to create your own xmltv.

jon z

August 12, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Great questions. I will answer to the best of my ability. There are 7 or 8 guide services displayed when (as shown in the wiki steps) I run the mc2xml program. It appeared to me that the only one I could access was the one from Microsoft---all the others, even Titan (which I've used before) seemed to want a password or other code that I do not have. While it appeared to be fully functional, maybe you're right and it has been discontinued. I suppose I will abandon that avenue, and look at your suggestion of the EPG budy.

Just wondering--what did you mean by the phrase "Things really don't work when it comes to import program information"

Now if I could only get MediaPortal to stop crashing every time I try to access the settings menu on it, that would be great...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    what did you mean by the phrase "Things really don't work when it comes to import program information"
    Simply that the MS site is returning channel names instead of episode numbers.

Now if I could only get MediaPortal to stop crashing every time I try to access the settings menu on it, that would be great...
    That is your other thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom