Trying to run cloned server

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by hafblade, July 16, 2012.

1. hafblade

hafblade Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +146 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi guys,

cloned the newest version of MP2 from GIT and wanted to start my development on the NFO Metadata Extractor but I've got errors when I want to run the server after the GIT clone.

It seams that the Interface ISQLDatabase has been modified Seams like there are some more methods which are not implemented in FirebirdDatabase and ScimoreDB. I let Visual Studio implement them with stubs and it compile but now I'm getting some exceptions while the start of the server.

Any ideas?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. morpheus_xx
    • Team MediaPortal

morpheus_xx Lead Dev MP2

Ratings:
    +6,796 / 11
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    You must not compile Firebird/Scimore. Only SQLCEDatabase plugin needs to be enabled for compile! If you already added a new project, make sure it targets "x86" only. Remove the "AnyCPU" build targets from both project and solution

4. hafblade

hafblade Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +146 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Thanks for your help. I followed the guide in the wiki. Downloaded from GIT again, made safety copies and tried it out again. Now without any code changes.
    Set it up with x86 and Debug and selected MediaPortal.Server as starting project.

mp2error3.PNG

When I start the compiled program from outside of VS I get the following exception:

mp2error2.png

When starting it with the Debugger of VS I get the following exception:

mp2error4.PNG

When I look into the logs (see attachments) it seams like the MP has some database problems.

Some idea?

5. morpheus_xx
    • Team MediaPortal

morpheus_xx Lead Dev MP2

Ratings:
    +6,796 / 11
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Ok now I've seen it:
    see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974247/en-us

Please download the latest v4 version of SQL CE: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17876

Strange thing is: even if I uninstalled the SQLCE, MP2 runs fine with the supplied files. But on your system there seems to be another version installed that causes trouble...

6. hafblade

hafblade Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +146 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!