Trying to set up Media Portal and TVServer won't start (1 Viewer)

czup

September 10, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, I downloaded Media Portal, (would like to move away from WMC) and everything seemed to be working fine. I was in the middle of scanning for channels on my Hauppauge 2250 tuner cards, when my computer blue-screened. After I restarted, TVServer won't start (but the regular media portal works fine, if I disable TVServer) I tried completely removing Media Portal and re-installing it, but I get the same error. Here is the error log that gets generated; I have no idea what it means.

Code:
2012-09-09 19:12:51.236396 [SetupTv(1)]: ServiceHelper: Starting TvService failed. Please check your installation.
Error: System.ServiceProcess.TimeoutException: Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed.
  at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.WaitForStatus(ServiceControllerStatus desiredStatus, TimeSpan timeout)
  at SetupTv.ServiceHelper.Start(String aServiceName)
2012-09-09 19:14:05.055724 [SetupTv(1)]: ServiceHelper: Starting TvService failed. Please check your installation.
Error: System.ServiceProcess.TimeoutException: Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed.
  at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.WaitForStatus(ServiceControllerStatus desiredStatus, TimeSpan timeout)
2012-09-09 19:14:15.080456 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Requested Service not found

Server stack trace:
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
  at TvControl.IController.get_Cards()
  at SetupTv.Startup.Main(String[] arguments)

2012-09-09 19:16:24.580764 [SetupTv(1)]: ServiceHelper: Starting TvService failed. Please check your installation.
2012-09-09 19:17:38.384932 [SetupTv(1)]: ServiceHelper: Starting TvService failed. Please check your installation.
2012-09-09 19:17:48.415750 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Requested Service not found

Server stack trace:
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
  at TvControl.IController.get_Cards()
  at SetupTv.Startup.Main(String[] arguments)

Thank you for all your help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello czup

The brief logs are not really enough to be sure of the problem. The BSOD could have corrupted general OS files, including drivers, and/or the registry. When you uninstalled, did you also remove the TV service database? The TV Server requires a database in order to start up...
    What happens if you try to run TV Server configuration (SetupTv.exe - in the TV Server install folder) with the /configure-db flag? You can do this by editing the shortcut on your desktop (right click, select properties) and adding " /configure-db" at the end of the target field.

mm
    PS: remember to edit and remove the configure-db flag from the shortcut once you've configured the database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom