[solved] TS files imported as program 137 (1 Viewer)

alister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 11, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When I import any (different dates/channels/times) recorded TS files into another program the internal title of the file comes up as "Program 137"

Google does give me any answers nor does the search on here so I'm asking why is "Program 137" used?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello :)

TV Server doesn't intentionally label recordings as "Program 137".

What you're seeing is coming from one of the technical parameters - the MPEG 2 transport stream program number (AKA DVB service ID) - of the TS file/format. The number 137 is not meaningful in itself. It could have been anything from 1 to 65535. The people who originally created TV Server just randomly picked 137 as the program number to use in all timeshift and recording files.

As far as I'm aware there's no standard for storing metadata (channel name, start/end time, program name etc.) in TS files, so different programs store metadata in various different ways. TV Server happens to put the metadata in a Matroska format XML file which is placed in the same folder as the recording. Presumably the program that you're using is looking for metadata but doesn't recognise the Matroska file. Therefore it resorts to using the program number... because it can't find anything more meaningful to display. If you imported the recording into different software, you may see a different label.

Does that make sense?

[edit: May I be so bold as to ask what other program you're using?]

Last edited:

alister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 11, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for :)

I'm using TMPGEnc Video Works 6 - Find it good as it is NVenc certified

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom