TsBufferExtractor plugin for TvServer (1 Viewer)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

From the recordings the native file is corrupt and when I am still watching the show in live tv and TS-Mode the TS-Stream is corrupt too - at exactly the same point.

I only experienced it when I was back from the live point and when I was watching the show for quite a while (let's say 20-30 minutes). I could not reproduce it when I was "live" and with shorter watching periods.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I think it is hdd issue. The tvserver can not write the ts buffer file as quicly as needs during copying of the ts buffer file to the _buffer file. :(

Is the timeshift buffer on same hdd as the recordings?
    Does it happen on HD channels?

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

Yes it was on HD channels and TS and recording is on same physical HDD.

Is there any chance for tswriter to perform the copy to buffer_ts in a lower priority/less speed?

My old Linux vdr box could perform record from TS buffer on 2 HD channels on a older 320gb WD green drive with 5400rpm simultaneously - I am currently using a Hitachi 2,5" 1,5 TB drive.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    My old Linux vdr box could perform record from TS buffer on 2 HD channels on a older 320gb WD green drive with 5400rpm simultaneously - I am currently using a Hitachi 2,5" 1,5 TB drive.

I think, the 2.5 HDD is the issue.

Is there any chance for tswriter to perform the copy to buffer_ts in a lower priority/less speed?

Yes, of course. Check the 1st. post and please report if the issue is resolved or not. ;)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think, the 2.5 HDD is the issue.

Yes, of course. Check the 1st. post and please report if the issue is resolved or not. ;)

Mhh I don't know for one its a pretty fast 2,5" with 7200rpm and a faster disk would still copy it at the maximum speed if requested by the tswriter process and that would lead to the same problem - I am pretty sure of that.

Thx for the quick fix ;-). I will test it ASAP when I get back home, sadly that will bei in 10 days :-(

Collective

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just saw this plugin and it looks great, will help me a lot.

But I have one request that seems this plugin would be perfect at ;)

instead of retrieving the entire timeshift buffer for the whole program, there are times when I want to rewind just a few minutes and start a short recording from the timeshift buffer which MP refuses to do.
    So would it be possible to implement something for this example scenario:
    If I am watching at tv show, for example a music video show, and I see a music video I want to record, I would like to rewind to the beginning of the music video and record from that point till I press stop. This data would be all from the timeshift buffer, not from live TV
    This would allow me to record single music vids, or a single news story etc

I would love this option. Is this possible?
    at the moment I'm having to copy the timeshift buffers manually, combine them and then edit the section I want. Very annoying and fiddly and time consuming

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    v0.4.0.0: Client-Server version for MP 1.9 Pre Release

You need to enable the client plugin in the MediaPortal Configuration and the server plugin in the TV-Server Configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom