1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TsBufferExtractor plugin for TvServer | Page 10

Discussion in 'TV-Server Plugins' started by regeszter, April 28, 2014.

1. regeszter
    • Team MediaPortal

regeszter Development Group

Ratings:
    +4,122 / 17
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    v0.6.1.0 beta is available in the 1st post.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. guardianbs

guardianbs Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    I've just updated to MP 1.16 and installed TSBuffer Extractor v.0.6.1.0 and have a problem. The _buffer.ts file is created but there is no xml file and the _buffer.ts file is not in the TV database. There is no merged file created. Also, the Changelog refers to 'new config options', but there are NO configuration options for this plugin !

I've used v.05.0.1 on MP version 1.13 quite successfully for some time, but v.05.0.1 will not install on MP 1.16. Any ideas ?

4. regeszter
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +4,122 / 17
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    Please upload a screenshot from plugin.

5. guardianbs

guardianbs Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thank you for responding quickly.

Sorry, my error, I was looking for Client Plugin configuration.

However, I still have the same problem. Using the 'keep' options

'the saved buffer and the recorded file' - both files are created but only the recorded file has XML and appears in Recorded TV database.
    'both of them ' - three files are created but only the recorded file has XML and appears in Recorded TV database.
    'only the merged file' - the merged file IS the recorded file, DOES have XML, AND appears in Recorded TV database.

It would appear XML is created and an entry made in the Recorded TV database for only ever one file, the recorded file.

6. Timberwolf99

Timberwolf99 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +46 / 1
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    From what I remember because we are still testing. Reyes tee is not making the merged recording available for mp yet.

7. guardianbs

guardianbs Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    As in my previous post, from my testing, it is only the 'merged file only' option that DOES create a TV database entry.

I have subsequently also found that the 'only the merged file' option produces a merged file containing the 'Timeshift' + 'Record Now' files but truncates the combined file, i.e. the end of the recording is missing.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Timberwolf99

Timberwolf99 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +46 / 1
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Oops my bad haven't had a play for a while, didnt realise you had developed it further to make the merged file visible. When I get the htpc running again I'll give it a look.

Thanx again for your good work.

9. regeszter
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +4,122 / 17
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    Please try the attached dll.

The 3rd option is renamed to "keep all of them". It means that option will keep the buffer, the original recorded file and the merged file. 3 entres will be created in the database and 3 xml next to the files.

Attached Files:

10. guardianbs

guardianbs Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sorry for not responding sooner - I didn't get an email to say the thread had been updated.

I have tested the modified dll. There is some good news . . . and some bad news.

The good news - The dll does create xml and add entries in the TV database for all files created.

The bad news (well disappointing news anyway) - The merged file is not being created correctly. It seems to create the merged file at the same time as the timeshift buffer file is created when starting the Recording, and the merged file does not contain any of the Recording file and is shorter than the timeshift buffer file - the end is truncated.

The separate timeshift buffer file and the follow on Recording file work ok.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Like Us On Facebook

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!