TsReader.Load() hangs sometimes (1 Viewer)

binary64

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
TV-Server Version: 05-16-2008 r19127
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro 32bit SP3 with dvbfix
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T PCI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T, SD
1. TV Card Driver: latest/ask
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Freeview/FTA - no CAM/CI involved

Using a really simple standalone client for testing:-

DirectShowLib.FilterGraph graph = new DirectShowLib.FilterGraph();
this.graphBuilder = (IGraphBuilder)new FilterGraph();
this.fileSource = (IBaseFilter)new TsReader();
this.graphBuilder.AddFilter(this.fileSource, "TsReader");
ITSReader ireader = (ITSReader)this.fileSource;
this.interfaceFile = (IFileSourceFilter)this.fileSource;
this.interfaceFile.Load(this.textBox2.Text, null);

hangs indefinately in Load(). Here's the Wireshark log:-

DESCRIBE rtsp://master/stream1.9 RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 1
Accept: application/sdp
User-Agent: TSFileSource (LIVE555 Streaming Media v2007.01.17)

Yes, no reply at all from the server. I waited 5 mins, still nothing. This problem has been intermittant before, and is doing it atm, so I caught it in Wireshark. I tried to break execution, but there was nothing in the stack other than "Managed to Native Transision".

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Has anyone seen similar behaviour with MP client? Could be a bug that gets hidden by something that the MP client graph building does.

binary64

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    tourettes: if that is a valid RTSP/HTTP request, then it would sound to me that it's nothing to do with MP or TsReader.ax... but purely the server stuff on the other end of the link. The remote tcp did ACK it so we know it received it as far as IP goes.

also, when it boils down, what could you(as in MP) possibly be doing differently than my code snippet? Afaict, nothing in the graph would affect the Load. Based on WMP not working with rtsp:// and tsreader.ax, I guess that means GraphBuilder::RenderFile("http://server/stream1.0") would also fail (I must try that ..)

binary64

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    I've hit this error again today. Wireshark shows the same. Watching the stream in file-mode works fine, rtsp mode is stuck. a service restart will clear the problem. nothing helpful is printed to logs on channel tune or rtsp load.

That's one bug. The second smaller bug is the fact that IFileSourceFilter::Load() hangs indefinately blocking in this situation. I think a timeout of 3-5 seconds would be great (reset when server replies with anything)

binary64

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Oops sorry didnt see that relatively new mantis...good one

Only thing is I'm 95% sure it wasn't on resume from standby .. because I keep my tvserver on 24/7. I'll of course update when/if I have any news. For now, I'm going to invest heavily in filemode streaming over UNC.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    When the connection hangs, does the next connection hang also? What if you use MP client after the other client has freezed? I have seen only the server S3 to cause this issue (causes every time it :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom