TSReaderPlayer: Failed vmr9 not connected (1 Viewer)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Did you share the drive at windows level ?

2010-08-01 13:09:41.734875 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: tvhome:startplay: waiting for TS file \\stream\R\\live3-0.ts.tsbuffer

Simone

deltaflyer4747

Portal Member
    July 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Thanks for the kick with /debugoptions! As soon as i saw those two lines for UNC paths, it came to me. I inserted there path with IP and it is working PERFECTLY. Thank you VERY much !

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    deltaflyer4747: See sometimes highlighting and pointing coders into the forum might help ;) And using forums make it possible for other to use the same solution. Remember to change[confirm] to No BUG :)

(you talk to me yesterday on irc)

deltaflyer4747

Portal Member
    July 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Yea, ofcourse. Thanks for the tip :) And as soon as i realize HOW to change it i will :):D

lqpl

Portal Member
    March 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Just tried this, and channel switching has never been more stable!

deltaflyer4747

Portal Member
    July 17, 2010
    Home Country
    the issue originates on the RTSP protocol...
    at first, client loads RTSP descriptor, then tells the server its own opened ports on which client is listening and then server pushes data to those ports. Two ports, one for video, one for audio.

Problem is, that the NAT is set statically, and because it is impossible to predict what port will rtsp client send as opened, it is impossible to port forward needed port on the NAT.

IF (and i mark IF as the biggest word of this reply) it would be possible, to specify fixed RTSP UDP client ports in client configuration, those could be set on NAT and thus pushed streams from server all the way to the client and only after that the client behind NAT will be playing TV.

Yes, this is not a bug... its a feature of the protocol... in the case of the NAT it is unwanted feature...

edit: tested, forwarded ports from 1000 to 65535 from client's public IP to clients local IP for server IP as source and it works.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Problem is, that the NAT is set statically, and because it is impossible to predict what port will rtsp client send as opened, it is impossible to port forward needed port on the NAT.

Just a note: dynamic port NAT is already existing, let's think about VoiP or simialr protocol. Maybe your router just doesn't support it ;)

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom