Tuning Parametrs wrong due to Freeview Retune (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2

Description
I just tried to rescan as Freeview has recently moved things around and was rather perturbed to find I no longer had any BBC channels.
After a bit of investigating, I found that Crystal Palace mux1 is no longer on 560.0Mhz as was in the UK.Crystal Palace.xml but is now on 490.0Mhz and after editing that file it's working again.
Of course, MP can't cope with this retuning and I've now got duplicates of those channels in my list, so I'll have to delete them all, do another scan and re-add them to my groups and re-arrange them. Mux1 carries the BBC radio channels as well, so I'll have to do the same for them.
We've got to do this again on the 18th April as well, for the second-stage of the switchover :eek:

Steps to Reproduce:
:eek:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Post DSO frequencies have already been added to the 1.2.3 branch and will be included in 1.2.3 which should be released shortly.

No bug though. DVB-T tuning details are updated manually (there is a whole forum section dedicated to this) and the duplicate channels are shown to limitations in MP (but is working as designed)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Sorry, I'm actually using the 1.2.3-pre release, I guess they hadn't been updated for that.

I presume you're referring to this forum section: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/submit-epg-grabbers-and-tuningdetails.296/

I can't see anything about the UK Freeview DSO there. If there's no way to avoid users having to manually download an updated .xml, it would be good if there was some notification/alert system to tell them they need to do this. Ideally there'd be a plugin that would automatically update the tuningdetails files (or the ones being used anyway).

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    We are discussing how to do this.

Check the tuning details archive for user-submitted details that have been approved for 1.2.3.

Whenever MP tunes, it won't remove channels that it doesn't find, since we can't be certain that a channel isn't simply off-air. We have to leave it in place and let the user decide.

Ideally, MP would be able to check with a central server to ensure that tuning details are up to date, and I am sure this will happen at some point soon.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Ah I see. I thought Archive would contain very old posts so didn't look in there.

Good to know this is being looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom