Turn TV on automatically at start? (1 Viewer)

Hansomfiser

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
I want Media Portal to turn My Tv on automatically when I start Media Portal. So I don't have to click on the menu item myself.
I'd also love if it could be auto-x'ed, that is fullscreen (then I do the alt+enter myself when I want it completely full screen)

Is it possible?

Thanks

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
Search the forums, this question has been asked before.

Hansomfiser said:
I want Media Portal to turn My Tv on automatically when I start Media Portal. So I don't have to click on the menu item myself.
I'd also love if it could be auto-x'ed, that is fullscreen (then I do the alt+enter myself when I want it completely full screen)

Is it possible?

Thanks

Hansomfiser

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Khris said:
Search the forums, this question has been asked before.

Hansomfiser said:

Is it possible?

Thanks

Well sorry for the inconvenience but I couldn't manage to find any help through searching.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hopefully once the new site appears we can have these kinds of questions on there.

If you look in MP Setup, click General on the left and there's an option to start MP fullscreen.

Click on Television on the left and there's an option to turn on TV automatically.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I searched for the keywords start TV and found this thread. It was on the sixth page that the search came up with. I guess it would have shown the thread sooner if I used the keyword autostart and TV. Using the correct keywords helps in cutting down the amount of searching. I've found if I don't find what I am looking for after the third search results page then I go back and try some different keywords.

Oh well. Happy reading!

Brocklander - Yes I agree - We really need a FAQ section that allows for questions/answers to be quickly searched through for new people. That may help out by cutting down the frustrations.

Mike

csberto

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2004
    Tilburg, the Netherlands
    Brocklander said:
    Hopefully once the new site appears we can have these kinds of questions on there.

If you look in MP Setup, click General on the left and there's an option to start MP fullscreen.

Click on Television on the left and there's an option to turn on TV automatically.

That option turns TV on automatically when you select TV in MP. But that was not the question from Hansomfiser. He asked how to turn TV on automatically when starting MP.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    csberto said:
    That option turns TV on automatically when you select TV in MP. But that was not the question from Hansomfiser. He asked how to turn TV on automatically when starting MP.

Ah sorry, I missunderstood :?

That link to Smirnuff/Alien's plugin seems quite good, will try it tonight.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Brocklander said:
    csberto said:

Ah sorry, I missunderstood :?

That link to Smirnuff/Alien's plugin seems quite good, will try it tonight.

Please note, if you are using 0.2.0.0 RC1 MP... Well I have doubts it will work due to the many changes (I could be wrong) which have been made. But if it doesn't work another developer will have to get into that plugin and fix any issues there maybe with the latest release. Otherwise you will need to work with the previous release.

Mike

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    if the auto turn on TV 0plugin doesn't work with v.2 then you can also use the MyKeys plugin. This isn't fully automatic, but you can assign a single key to switch to full screen TV which is a start :)

pepsi_max2k

Portal Member
    December 11, 2005
    yeah my threads pretty much the same as this, just more general about having any plugin either as the default selection on the start screen, or just going straight into it.

http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11501

basically the answers were:

there is a plug in to auto turn on TV. Can't remember where though.
    There is also a MyKeys plugin that at least gives you a single key press to go to full screen TV.

i don´t know if it is that what you need but with the "home" plugin you can make your own menu-structure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom