Tuto: [Win7 x64] How to rip CD with EAC into WMA Lossless (1 Viewer)

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Hello,

i would like to post a procedure to rip properly CDs with EAC into WMA Lossless on Windows 7 64 bits.

1 - Install EAC (Exact Audio Copy)
2 - Install windows media encoder 9 series x64 (Windows Media Encoder 9 Series x64 Edition 1.0 Free Download - Windows Media Encoder 9 Series for x64 Platforms. - BumperSoft)
3 Replace the file C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\EncoderWMCmd.vbs with the attached one (the original one does not tag album, year and genre)
3 - Open EAC and go to compression options->External compression tab
3.1 Check on "Use external program for compression"
3.2 Select "Use Defined Encoder" and set extention to ".wma"
3.3 set this line as program used for compression: "C:\Windows\Sysnative\cscript.exe"
3.4 Set additional command line options: "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs" -input %s -output %d -a_codec WMA9LSL -a_mode 2 -title "%t" -author "%a" -album "%g" -genre "%m" -year %y -trackno %n
4 - Validate and start the rip

Attachments

• WMCmd.zip
    20.5 KB

Pahlmd

December 17, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I tried what you outline above however, when I click on "Test Encoder" I get an "Invalid Replacement Tag Found !" message. EAC puts the cursor on what it believes is incorrect (I am assuming). The cursor is immediately before the % in the part of the string ...-input %s -output.....

Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom