TV Audio (1 Viewer)

Jakeao

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
Ok I got the tv video to work. When I watch tv the sound works, but it doesn't record it. I'm guessing I need to come out of the tuner card and go into my main sound card, is this correct? Also when I record tv it doesn't display the picture anymore. Is this normal? Thanks for the help.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Jakeao

not enough info on your setup, but no not normal. does everything tv wise play ok in manufacturers software.

Ray 8)

Jakeao

Portal Member
    January 20, 2006
    Well my video card isn't in the list of supported cards, so I assume thats the root of all my problems. here are my specs:

1.1 Ghz Athlon
    256 MB RAM
    Windows XP pro
    Pixelview BT878 tuner card
    SB live sound card.

I got the sound stuf figured out. Everything works as it should with the software that came with the card. It plays, records everything without a hitch. Let me know if this helps. Thanks

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Being a software card, yes chances are there will be a special header that goes from the tv tuner to the soundcard.

But also it will depend what version you are using of MP. The older versions, software card support wasnt great so it might just not work and thats as good as itll get.

In the newer releases, software cards was removed completely but it seems they started adding it again (proper implementation this time) and so its not general but card specific. You could probably get it working, as there is a therad on the main page how to get your software card supported but there is a big BUT, you require a 2.8Ghz processor or higher so a youll need a fairly large upgrade to accomadate this. You may aswell just buy a
    hardware card and keep the rest of the system you have, itll be cheaper.

There basically isnt any debate on the requirements because otherwise you system wont be fast enough to run the software card and the MP interface at the sametime and a lot of things will go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom