TV breakup but fine on restart of Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

RSykes

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am running Mediaport 1.2.2 and have a TBS 8920 DVB-S2 card and are recieving Freesat HD perfect.

The only issue is after watching TV for some time (differs) the signal starts to stutter and breakup.

If I then restart Mediaportal and start again the picture is fine until it does the same thing again.

This would suggest to me a Timeshift issue.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The tv server tends to breakdown and crash if the signal strength fades away.
    I get this with high winds on my antenna

RSykes

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    The tv server tends to breakdown and crash if the signal strength fades away.
    I get this with high winds on my antenna

If it was signal strength why when I restart Mediaportal does it work fine again?

geichel

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo,
    according to your logs you first have a signal quality of 98% and than it changes to 5%... Maybe its a problem with your hardware. Gets the TV card to hot?
    Regards,
    Ge

RSykes

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    The card is not overheating as or getting too hot as just by switching Mediaportal off and back on again solves the issue for time again, this would not allow the card to cool down so I should still get issue once I start Mediaportal again.

I think it has something to do with Mediaportal clearing something once shutdown.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi RSykes,

I notice that you are using an ATI Radeon 5750? There have been numerous issues with the drivers of ATI Radeon cards. I have a HD5550 with 1Gb RAM and went back to CCC/driver version 10.4 due to bad pixelation. For me, this solved it, others have had to use other versions of the Catalyst Control Centre software

There is a more detailed thread >>here<< about this... a bit of a long thread but you will get the gist of it (it seems that everytime ATI release an improved driver, they solve one issue and introduce several others :rolleyes: )

RSykes

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    I doubt that is an issue otherwise it would effect the playing of films and videoes which are perfect it is only TV and only after a period of time.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I'm beginning to think there is something inherently wrong with Mediaportal 1.2.2 - I have the same continuity errors that are in your log files using 2 different TBS cards (a 6981 and a 6984).

I notice you are getting stream rejected errors too - I also get those...

I'm using an Nvidia card - so it isn't a specific card issue.

The dish has been checked, the LNB has been replaced, the signal strength has been checked.

Windows 7 has been reinstalled, Mediaportal reinstalled... and still the continuity errors persist.

I posted a thread about it, but have had no response...

I'm baffled, I'll go back to 1.2.1 when I can get hold of the files I need and see whether that resolves the issues.

Not sure how we can get someone to take a look at the issues though!

RSykes

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    I am going to do some more digging.

If you manage to get it going on 1.2.1 please let me know.

Do you have the same issue that is resolves itself once your restart Mediaportal?

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Well I can't find the 1.2.1 files which I need (I use DJBlu's channel grabber)..

My issue seems to be slightly different but generates the same errors.. I have 6 tuners (TBS 6984 and a TBS 6981) .. If I boot up to a channel then it works fine. If one then records and I switch channel then I may or may not get continuity errors and picture break up. When that happens the only way to fix it is to cancel the recordings and reboot.

If I boot up and leave it on the first channel, I can leave it as long as I like and it works just great.

It's infuriating and has been going on for weeks now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom