TV card added successfully in SETUP but not in MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

pglenn

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
I have an older WINCAST tv card that I am attempting to setup (it is S/W encoder, I have a "real" card in the way). I go into the SETUP MEDIAPORTAL app and am able to add the card, and able to add the TUNER option and scan the channels there, but when I enter MEDIA PORTAL I get "No TV Card detected". Why does the SETUP detect the card the MP app does not? how can I get it to detect the card? I would really like to get this card working as it is the only one I gave for the moment.

Also, after exiting the MP app and going back into SETUP app, the tv card is no longer there... when I add it and exit and then re-enter SETUP the card is still there, only disapears when I enter the MP app

Patrick

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You don't say what version of MediaPortal you are using, but software TV cards are no longer supported in MediaPortal - I don't think they are supported in RC1 or RC2.....

pglenn

Portal Member
    January 7, 2006
    I am using 0.2.0 RC2

I do see that S/W Encoding is available within the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file, and in fact when runing the SETUP I am given the option of choosing a HAUPPAUGE S/W card

Patrick

pglenn

Portal Member
    January 7, 2006
    follow-up -- I went to www.shspvr.com and installed the listed "alternative" drivers for my card (bt848 chip) and then the SETUP Mp app was able to use a default driver, and it was even able to autoscan all available cable chanels which ut couldnt do before. But still, when entering the actual MP app and going to SETUP WIZARD, still no TV card detected.

I guess I will have to try a different program than MP until I get my "real" tv card :-(

Patrick

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    We don't support software encoding cards the option is just there mainly for FM radio cards.

When you get your 'real' card then you'll appreciate MP alot more.

The 'SETUP WIZARD' is aimed at supported cards :).
    There is no harm using Configuration.exe and then using TV afterwards without messing with the Wizard in the GUI.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom