TV Channel number zapping broken when channels are deselected (1 Viewer)

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    TV-Server Version: RC3 (Build 20432)
    MediaPortal Version: RC3 (Build 20432)
    MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome / Blue3
    Windows Version: XP MCE 2005 SP3
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 3GHz
    HDD: 250GB Western Digital (WDC2500KS-22MJB0)
    Memory: 1024MB DDR
    Motherboard: Kingston PC3200
    Video Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3450 Silence "Low Profile" 256MB DDR2 TV-Out/DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express) - Retail
    Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst 8.5
    Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5028
    1. TV Card: Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Pro PCI
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: Pinnacle Systems 3.2.4.0
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1300
    2. TV Card Type: Hybrid DVB-T, Analog
    2. TV Card Driver: BDA 2.119.25023.0
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD7)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD7.x)
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Elonex Artisan LX
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: HP Media Center p/n 5187-4401 (MCE Equivalent)
    TV: LG 42LF65
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI to HDMI

Having had to switch over to MS SQL to avoid slow EPG issues with MySQL, I still had some configuration problems.

I basically use MP for UK Freeview and had problems with jumping to a particular channel number (eg. 32 for Film2, 80 for BBC News). I normally delete all scrambled channels and switch off those I don't want to see in the EPG.

When I did this, I found that channel numbers up to 12 worked OK, but after this the channel selected was incorrect - eg. BBC News appeared when I typed 81 and it should be 80, ITV4 appeared when I typed 32. The only way I can stop this is to delete the unwanted channels instead of switching them off.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    The only way I can stop this is to delete the unwanted channels instead of switching them off.

That's why i have never come across this, i always delete unwanted channels, now i remember someone reporting channels being one out a few times, now wondering if they have done the same and just disabled channels in config.

Could you post some logs for us to look at after choosing channels by number a few times, will try and get time to retune myself and restore unwanted channels or maybe just disable one i do not use and try and repeat myself.

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    No problem - it's easy to duplicate.

Here are the actions to produce these logs :-

CASE 1:
    Start MediaPortal, Goto MyTV and turn on Channel 1 (BBC ONE), press 32 to jump to Film4, press 80 to jump to BBC NEWS, press 1 to jump back to BBC ONE and exit.
    -----------------

Run TV Server Config and scan channels.
    Delete Scrambled
    Uncheck all unwanted channels

CASE 2:
    Start MediaPortal, Goto MyTV and turn on Channel 1 (BBC ONE), press 32 to jump to Film4 (ended up on IdealWorld which is unchecked), press 80 to jump to BBC NEWS (ended up on Nuts TV), press 1 to jump back to BBC ONE and exit.
    ------------------

I've attached logs for both cases. I've added an export.xml for the channel setup in case 2.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    To select channels bu LCN ensure you have 'Select channel by index (non-usa)' NOT selected in the tv config of MP GUI.

I have retested this in RC3 and UK freeview and it still works fine for me; MS-SQL.

If you have this selected then the database possition is used and not LCN (from original scan) and does get very mixed when you delete or de-select channels.

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    To select channels bu LCN ensure you have 'Select channel by index (non-usa)' NOT selected in the tv config of MP GUI.

I have retested this in RC3 and UK freeview and it still works fine for me; MS-SQL.

If you have this selected then the database possition is used and not LCN (from original scan) and does get very mixed when you delete or de-select channels.

I am aware of this - thanks. I do have this option unselected.

Could you post some logs for us to look at after choosing channels by number a few times, will try and get time to retune myself and restore unwanted channels or maybe just disable one i do not use and try and repeat myself.

Don't know whether it helps, but I wondered if you had noticed in the export.xml file, the 'All Channels' group <mappings> shows a few channels that have the same SortOrder ? e.g.

<map ChannelName="Virgin1" SortOrder="17" />
    <map ChannelName="QVC" SortOrder="17" />

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Just did a rescan, deleted encrypted channels, de-selected unwanted channels and then fresh export to xml.

Checking this new xml and the problem is down to the lack of 'ChannelNumber' being resolved for a scan for certain MUX's and '10000' being used instead default. This is random and a rescan or manual eidt of the channel will correct . Seems to affect the BBC MUX's the most.

Turn on show channel number in GUI to see the affect.

So when you select a channel nuber the can't be matched because of '10000' the next closest is chosen ie with 80 and BBC NEWS then 81 is BBC Parliament .

Also key in non-existing numbers like 79 and you will get 81.

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    I have seen BBC ONE come up as channel 10000 before, but a rescan fixed it.

I have the option to display channel numbers selected and they are all OK. However, I am still seeing this number zapping problem with unchecked channels. The issue does go away if I delete the channels instead.

Another slight complication with my setup is that I have one card setup to receive analog channels and AV input from Freesat as well. The channel number for analog channels defaults to the tuning frequency (55, 59, 62, 65) and for some reason the AV one defaults to 4. This doesn't seem to clash with Channel 4 but I have no idea why.

Deleting unwanted channels is an effective workaround but I'd rather use the uncheck option if it worked because that way I don't have to delete them all again when a rescan becomes necessary (ie. new channel lineups / channel renames).

One other thing I find strange is that unchecking a channel doesn't cause it to be removed from the 'All Channels' group (and probably other groups too but this is not applicable in my case)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Just deleted and rescanned my M$sql database, deleted encrypted channels, disabled unwanted non-encrypted channels so a bit of a mix.

LCN numbers are working fine for me, so there must be something else throwing the numbers out (no 10000 shown in tuning details).

Also key in non-existing numbers like 79 and you will get 81.

If i key in any non-existing no's nothing happens.

Not sure were to go with this one guys, is there anyone outside the uk who has same problem with the Logical Channels Numbers.

Must admit as i use epg for changing channels, would never have noticed if there was a problem existing in the past with this.

BTW, there's also this post on the same subject. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/rc3-tv-channels-46566/

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    If i key in any non-existing no's nothing happens.

Not sure where to go with this one guys, is there anyone outside the uk who has same problem with the Logical Channels Numbers.

Must admit as i use epg for changing channels, would never have noticed if there was a problem existing in the past with this.

If I key in a number that does exist, it may change to the wrong channel or not match up with anything. With one setup I had to type 82 to get BBC NEWS which is really 81.
    Sometimes, it switches to a channel that is actually disabled (but for some reason still present in the 'All Channels Group').

I think the number zapping routine is using an indirect route to get to the appropriate channel tuning parameters rather than accessing the Channel table directly. I have examined the raw table, so I know that it is not a data issue (ie. there was only one channel numbered 80 = BBC NEWS). This is also confirmed by the fact that deleting the unwanted channels instead of unchecking them solves the problem.

Channel hopping by remote number keypresses is something that didn't work that well in RC1, but I thought this ought to work reliably by RC3. (I skipped RC2 because when I tried it initially it did not work very for me at all).
    Now that RC3 is out, I feel it's important to highlight any bugs before MP gets to final release, so I'm taking a lot more interest.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    When the channel is disabled, it just means that it does not show up in epg, it can still be accessed manually, that's why it may be unticked, but still be in the all channels tab.

Think that may have been my reasoning for deleting rather than unselecting channels.

I have got to update my xp install at some time soon, so will see what happens with that when i deselect channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom