TV Channel Scanning Error (1 Viewer)

pmonti

December 7, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Just installed MediaPortal on Win XP SP3 Desktop with a ATI Radeon 9000 All In Wonder Card. When I do a Channel Scan in the TV Server Configuration. I get an error message "The Graph Building Mostly your card is not supported by the TV Server. Please Create a Report in Our Forum".

Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if anything else.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome

So your tuner is an analog tuner. May I ask how you intend to use it? I ask this because my understanding is that over-the-air analog TV (NTSC) has been shut down in the US. As such there are only limited uses for these sorts of tuners now. Namely, attempting to receive analog cable channels (which are disappearing or have already disappeared) and FM radio.

To directly address the error...
    What it means is that you need to install software encoders. In order to receive and view analog signals in MP, they have to be encoded to a digital format. More expensive tuners have so-called "hardware encoders" (a dedicated chip on the card) which do this job. For tuners that don't have such a chip (like yours), you need to install software that does the job. Typically the manufacturers software will include these components for you. All you have to do is install that software.

So I suggest you install the ATI media software that comes with the tuner.
    Then check here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...onfiguration/06_General#Software_Encoders_Tab
    You need MP to recognise that at least one video encoder and one audio encoder is installed.
    Once you have that sorted, try scanning again.

Note: more background info here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rs/7_Scan_Analog/Software_Encoding_Card_Setup

Warning: these cards can be complicated to set up and possibly unreliable too depending on the software encoders. Hence we don't officially provide support for them. They will work though with a little persistence.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom