TV-channels stops working, rescan needed (1 Viewer)

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello!

I have a problem with TV-channels that stops working after a while.
    I believe that there are som information provided by my TV-provider that have changed, maybee the serviceId.
    If I perform a rescan of the channels everything is working fine again.
    No channels are added it is only the existing that gets updated.

My question is why it is like this and what can be done to fix it?
    Is it possible to do a scheduled rescan of the channels in the background whithout any gui involved?
    Is there an API for the TV-service that can be used?
    The Configuration client must be using som API.

/Erik

Chimen

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can confirm this issue.
    The problem seems to be that our DVB-C provider, Tele2 (Sweden), for some reason, from time to time, changes the PmtPid for channels at a certain frequency. (370000 mhz)
    In DVBviewer however, I don't have this problem. It seems like MediaPortal TV-server fails to update the PmtPid. I can manually edit a channel to get it working again, simply by copy the PmtPid info for that channel from DVBviewer.
    It's vierd because it looks like the PmtPid for the concerned channels is swaped between them.

I think Mediaportal TV-server should be able to automatically update the PmtPid.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I second.

That this is a problem, but i don't think that automatic rescan is solution.

More or less i would like to see the ability to do scanning from MP front-end like in normal STB.
    But there should be an option to do only updating rescan, meaning that only those channels that
    you currently have, are updated.

For example like i have Canal Digital subscription(dvb-s2 tuner) and Finnish dvb-t tuner it's guite hard
    make channel list sorted like you want, and delete non-wanted channels(there are lot of them in Thor satellite).

So i don't want rescan to mess up my current channel list. Rescan should store found channels in temp list and do some matching to existing channels based on channel names and provider names(in thor there are same channels from different providers), and give user ability to update if wanted.

regards,

Attachments

• Update.GIF
      Update.GIF
      8.9 KB

quicksilver

March 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can confirm this issue.
    The problem seems to be that our DVB-C provider, Tele2 (Sweden), for some reason, from time to time, changes the PmtPid for channels at a certain frequency. (370000 mhz)
    In DVBviewer however, I don't have this problem. It seems like MediaPortal TV-server fails to update the PmtPid. I can manually edit a channel to get it working again, simply by copy the PmtPid info for that channel from DVBviewer.
    It's vierd because it looks like the PmtPid for the concerned channels is swaped between them.

I think Mediaportal TV-server should be able to automatically update the PmtPid.

Hi

I have the same problem in SVN 23294. Did anyone have a fix for this ?

or found a way to do rescan from command line (schedule task)

Glenn UK

Portal Member
    July 3, 2009
    Basildon, Essex
    Home Country
    England England
    re scan

i dont thik is for your service provider alone. I use a Compro videomate s350 DVB-s card to watch/record from freesat and have the same issues. there are channels i use which carry different stations at differing times of the day so i have to re-scan maybe once a week once during the morning and again in the eveng.

be good if the software carried out some form of check and re-scan like my two stb.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom